What does/will your 2015 garden look like?

Eggplants are sprouting! There are a week ahead of when I expected. Normally, eggplants take 1-2 weeks to sprout. These have been in 5 days before I saw two sprouts. If winter ever leaves, it will be a good gardening year! Tomatoes will be started this week or weekend. I am moving my lights from 16hrs per day to 12hrs until the spring progresses a little better. Don't want leggy plants!

I will plant lots of sunflowers, buckweath,milo, Trifolium resupinatum ( don't know the english name) and phacelia to attract bee and as treats for the chickens.
Ten fava beans, some Turnips, onions, carrots, garlic and redish are in.
An early salad mix is also in. 20 Strawberry plants waiting for higher temps. Everything well coverd b/c the chickens run free.
All 25 rose bushes are still alive and lots of hollyhocks have new leaves already.
Four Tomatos, two egg plant and two bell peppers are on the window sill.
Next month 10 red and 10 yellow waxy potatoes go into grow-container and five meters sugar peas will go "under cover".
Later mixed beans, cucumbers, zucchini, different cabbage, late potatoes and summer salad will find a patch.
Some pumpkins will grow in and over the composter, scarlet runner and sweet peas will grow on the fance.
Marigolds,calendula and nasturtium will grow all around the vegg-garden and hopefully lots of hoary stock will do magic in the evenings.
And with a little luck every weekend some strollers will stand out side and admire my pretty little chickens and my wild flowering garden as they did last year.

Back
Top Bottom