What does your duck house look like?

Pics
Does anyone have a duck house that's dug into the ground? One of my colleagues suggested that it might keep them warmer in the winter.

Here is our Quack shack, I recently added a fenced off area to the left with a pool and heater so they have some bathing water during the day

Last edited:
Thanks! They seem pretty happy with it, even though they still "knock" on the slider to come in the house when they're roaming the yard

The roof comes off the shack for cleaning and egg collection and there are doors in the wire fencing held by carabiners for duck entry/exit.

Does anyone have a duck house that's dug into the ground? One of my colleagues suggested that it might keep them warmer in the winter.

And cooler in the summer I'd bet.

Mine isn't in the ground, but that sounds like an interesting idea. Wonder if the humidity would be too high. You could probably get the same effect by building it into a hill, or building a hill onto it. Plenty of people are doing this with their own houses, so I'm sure there's plenty of info out their for education and inspiration.

Hi duck friends, what do you guys think of this style for ducks... It's semi open air ( and it's cold up here ) it's a combo chicken and duck house

My doodle

The inspiration

Left side is a run, but they will also free range

Overhead of run and coop

Close up of coop floor plan. The first pale beige rectangle is the space that will be for the ducks. The orange area is the storage and human entrance, the yellowish larger rectangles are for chickens...

Hi duck friends, what do you guys think of this style for ducks... It's semi open air ( and it's cold up here ) it's a combo chicken and duck house

My doodle

The inspiration

Left side is a run, but they will also free range

Overhead of run and coop

Close up of coop floor plan. The first pale beige rectangle is the space that will be for the ducks. The orange area is the storage and human entrance, the yellowish larger rectangles are for chickens...
I like it, I have seen this on the coop page and think it is a very nice coop good inspiration. How are the chickens going to access their space? outside long ramp? when I actually saw my first open air and had my dh cut more holes for more windows.

Back
Top Bottom