What does your goose coop look like?

Jordan and Reebok have a little barn. It's 8x12.
I had a window installed and insulated it myself with the pink fiberglass stuff and covered that with ReflectX.
It's attached to the back of my garage and there's a door into the garage.
When they're in at night there's a grate over the door so they can see out into the garage where the cats like to hang out
after it's locked up for the night.
It also makes getting warm water to them easy in the Winter. In bad weather I don't have to go out.

Linda
Wow -- what a wonderful set-up you have!

Here is a picture of my new "goose coup". I previously had a metal dog kennel, which we split in half (it came apart this way) and built the addition in the middle. The left end has their nest box and is covered with the sides almost closed in. The right side is open so they can see out. There is enough protection and ventilation. They absolutely love it...they only has issues the first night :) It houses 1 gander and 3 geese (Pilgrims).

Here is the picture of the inside ... please excuse the poo :) It's got a cedar decking floor so i can wash it all out (once they turn our irrigation water back on in the spring!) until then, I sweep it out.

And finally, here are my sweeties :)

Here is a picture of my new "goose coup". I previously had a metal dog kennel, which we split in half (it came apart this way) and built the addition in the middle. The left end has their nest box and is covered with the sides almost closed in. The right side is open so they can see out. There is enough protection and ventilation. They absolutely love it...they only has issues the first night :) It houses 1 gander and 3 geese (Pilgrims).

Here is the picture of the inside ... please excuse the poo :) It's got a cedar decking floor so i can wash it all out (once they turn our irrigation water back on in the spring!) until then, I sweep it out.

And finally, here are my sweeties :)

How cute! :)

Here is a veiw of our pens

.... bird netting on top as our biggest threat is dogs. We will be putting different tops on this year to help with sun/snow issues. Recomend 1/2 x 1/2 hardware cloth or 1 in chicken wire for the bottom to keep coon and other small preditors out.

These are our favorite houses. There is room for their food to stay dry in a front corner. Even with our weird weather here in Missouri the bedding away from the door stays dry.

.... bird netting on top as our biggest threat is dogs. We will be putting different tops on this year to help with sun/snow issues. Recomend 1/2 x 1/2 hardware cloth or 1 in chicken wire for the bottom to keep coon and other small preditors out.

These are our favorite houses. There is room for their food to stay dry in a front corner. Even with our weird weather here in Missouri the bedding away from the door stays dry.

What an excellent idea!! I may have to build a couple of these myself!

~ Aspen

What an excellent idea!! I may have to build a couple of these myself!

~ Aspen
you can cut the doors smaller if they are just for ducks... but we have Dewlap Toulouse and Embdens.. and didn't want to worry about what house got matched up with who

sianara geese live well over 20 years old, unfortunately in todays fast food world many get rid of them at a very young age

CelticOaksFarm, I just realized I never responded to your comment, so sorry. It's good to know they are long lived because by that time I will also be OLD. lol I am still loving my pair of pilgrims that will be a year old at the end of April 2013. I am still anxiously awaiting her first egg which will be decorated and memoralized in a place of honor amongst all my other decorated eggs (check out my website to see some of them). These two geese still tickle me pink and I'm so glad I got them!

eta: Once I have done my spring cleaning (got to wait for the snow to melt and the temps to get above freezing lol) I will post a picture of my geese pen/pool/house.

Last edited:

psue, what are those containers you are using for houses? They are really cool looking.

My new Goose House

View of the Goose House and runs from the backyard

Inside

One of the stalls - right now there is just one, but we're working on building three more. They will be 3' x 6'.

Large dog house that a trio of the Sebs sleep in.

Some of the geese in their stall for the first night.

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom