What dogs do everyone own?

This is Honua
He's going to be four this September.
Breed: Catahoula, Doberman, Blue Heeler Mix
IMG_2419.JPG

IMG_2422.JPG

This is Lily
She is almost two years old.
Breed: Catahoula, Blue Heeler, Rat Terrier Mix.
image2 (11).jpeg

image1 (22).jpeg

Well, I have a ton of dogs, due to fostering for rescues and rescues dumping them on me. Right now I have 2 Shiba Inus, Chow mix, Lab, Border Collie, 2 Irish Wolfhounds, Rottie/Lab mix, a Rat Terrier, Lab/Boxer mix, Pointer mix, and 2 medium sized mixes. Quit fostering till I can get my numbers down. Most are seniors. I worked for vets for 8 years, before I became a human doctor. I saw a wide variety of dogs but ran across Leonbergers when we got our first dog. I got my first on in 2000 and have had them ever since. They are like having a huge Golden Retriever and very human in nature. They are VERY good with children. They have webbed feet and love to swim, which is good because my kids swim every day. My other favorite breed is a Pyrenean Mastiff, which is a livestock guarding breed. Ours is more to guard the family and farm in general and stays inside with us. My last one just passed away at 12.5 years old, which is very good for a dog that weighs 165#. Several of my Leonbergers have made 12.5 years old, but they are not quite as massive. My males are usually 140# and females 120#.

Here's Aslan, Misty, and Rutger....

Attachments

• Leos and Rutger.jpg
    Leos and Rutger.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 11
Well, I have a ton of dogs, due to fostering for rescues and rescues dumping them on me. Right now I have 2 Shiba Inus, Chow mix, Lab, Border Collie, 2 Irish Wolfhounds, Rottie/Lab mix, a Rat Terrier, Lab/Boxer mix, Pointer mix, and 2 medium sized mixes. Quit fostering till I can get my numbers down.
13 dogs/!?!?!? oh my gosh
Most are seniors. I worked for vets for 8 years, before I became a human doctor. I saw a wide variety of dogs but ran across Leonbergers when we got our first dog. I got my first on in 2000 and have had them ever since. They are like having a huge Golden Retriever and very human in nature. They are VERY good with children. They have webbed feet and love to swim, which is good because my kids swim every day. My other favorite breed is a Pyrenean Mastiff, which is a livestock guarding breed. Ours is more to guard the family and farm in general and stays inside with us. My last one just passed away at 12.5 years old, which is very good for a dog that weighs 165#. Several of my Leonbergers have made 12.5 years old, but they are not quite as massive. My males are usually 140# and females 120#.

Here's Aslan, Misty, and Rutger....
I love all of it!!! That's amazing that you've been able to foster so many dogs and have so much experience with them.

This is Honua
He's going to be four this September.
Breed: Catahoula, Doberman, Blue Heeler Mix
View attachment 2651018

View attachment 2651019

This is Lily
She is almost two years old.
Breed: Catahoula, Blue Heeler, Rat Terrier Mix.
View attachment 2651020

View attachment 2651021
Such pretty puppers!!!
I looked at them and was like 'oh cool are they blue heelers?" until I read the description lol

I loooove dogs with heterochromia, they're so pretty!! (two different eyes)

Give gender, breed, name, why you got that breed, live story, whatever!
Pics are appreciated!!!
We have to Sable Rough Collies
Auggie-Male-11-AKC name- Ceaser Augustus the 14 (or maybe 16th idk)
Rory-Female-2 (3 in June)- AKC name- Aurora Delilah
We chose the breed because my dad had them when he was a kid so here we are.
Auggie's story
We got Aug when he was 6 months old from our dear friend and AKC breeder after he was returned by a crabby 60 year old lady because she had wanted a "lap dog" (what an idiot). They had ALWAYS done really intense backround checks and because this one lady was so nice they just did a 'light' backround check on her. That was a mistake. Only male left of his line too, such a shame. So we took him for 60 bucks because the lady didn't keep up on cropping his ears and was no longer show worthy with extreme anxiety from crazy witch. We love his a lot, he just had surgery 2 weeks ago to fix his paralyzed layrnix. (that was expensive let me tell ya).

Rory's Story
Honestly it doesn't seem like we have had her for 2 years, feels like 2 months sometimes. She is from the same breeder (they are called Tapestry Collies btw, Indianola, Iowa.) I was pretty broke when I bought her but we were desperate for a companion dog after Louie passed (more on him later). Lisa made a bargain and our perfectly show quality dog was only 600 dollars, she should have been 2,600. We were really good at keeping her ears cropped at the start so she has really good form but very little flop as we gave up twards the end. We tried honestly, but it is REALLY hard you guys. She is really good at keeping hawks away but not such a good herder. She has microphthalmia so she cant see all that great either, we don't blame her. She is sassy and will bark at me in great anger if I laugh (only me though someone help lol). She gets UTI's a lot because she get angry when I brush her and some times I nick her lady bits (oops. I promise I am a good person). She needs a bath so bad rn. She cries and cries though unless she is at her groomer, then she is an angel. Ugh. but alas we love her just the same.

Louie's Story
Louie passed away in 2016 at the age of 5 from stage 4 liver cancer. I regret not taking him to the vet sooner every day. If only I had known. He was the most beautiful tri-colored collie I had ever seen, we got him for free because he was blind in one eye. He wasn't double merle but he had that same disease. I recall he and Auggie used to fight a lot because they were both unfixed males, not sure why I never fixed Louie, prob wasn't a good idea not too. I was young and dumb. Auggie is not fixed because we were going to breed him but backed out last minute. I feel him slip away a little more each day and it makes me sad and confused. We miss him dearly and he wasn't supposed to leave us so soon. He was a horrid herder but he was unique.

We also have a 20 year old cat named Sammy but she is a whole nother ball game, but she doesn't like to feel left out.

PS- no need to read the whole thing

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom