What duck breed?

laurenluckyriri

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2016
So I'm new to ducks and got some from one of my mom's friends and she wasn't sure what kind they were. At first I thought they were pekins just from googling it but they have black patches on their heads so I think they might be french white muscovy's? any duck experts that could tell me that would be great lol! also how can I tell if they're male or female?

REALLY! the left one is really aggressive towards one of the new ducklings we have and I figured it was a male asserting dominance (we assumed she was a female when she was little but as she grew she is the same size as our other one so we thought we had 2 males..), how do you know how to tell which is which?

Last edited:
The tails. The females tail is skinny and the males fat. FYI , muscovys are the BEST
-Liv
omg I've been so wrong about everything LOL. so I went and checked them just now because I never noticed their tails and i think in the picture it looks like the one's is wider but here's a picture of the cuties from above. so it's opposite then. do their markings mean anything?

awesome thank you! yeah they're on opposite sides in the pictures and now I notice the size and tails. I'm glad I know now!

Back
Top Bottom