What Duck Pair is Good for Muli Colored Ducklings

What Duck Pair Would Make Multi Colored Ducklings

• Total voters
FYI, don't expect the first eggs she lays to be fertile, especially if the drake is young. I am not sure where you are located but many local people sell fertile duck eggs inexpensively. You could incubate those and have ducklings sooner. If you are interested check Craigslist or Facebook.

FYI, don't expect the first eggs she lays to be fertile, especially if the drake is young. I am not sure where you are located but many local people sell fertile duck eggs inexpensively. You could incubate those and have ducklings sooner. If you are interested check Craigslist or Facebook.
There breeding time is March-July so she should start laying around mid March so I’m planning to breed in April or May!

Yeah so I’m planning on breeding (as I said before) in April or May. Because she should start laying in mid March or late March, and I have another hen so I’ll breed both and hope one of them lays fertile eggs

@cheezenkwackers If I use both hens do you think there is going to be a chance since they will start laying eggs in March I could breed in May and April. Do you think there is a chance I could get fertile eggs?
How old are your drakes? I tried incubating eggs from my first pair a few weeks after she started laying, the eggs were not fertile. I did some research and found an article that said that drakes had to be older. I want to say 9 months old, but I may be remembering that wrong. Also, when ducks start laying the eggs are usually kinda small. They get bigger as time goes on. I’m not sure if that would affect hatching though.

How old are your drakes? I tried incubating eggs from my first pair a few weeks after she started laying, the eggs were not fertile. I did some research and found an article that said that drakes had to be older. I want to say 9 months old, but I may be remembering that wrong. Also, when ducks start laying the eggs are usually kinda small. They get bigger as time goes on. I’m not sure if that would affect hatching though.
People said drakes start breeding at 4 months old. They are almost 4 months old rn. Same with my hens, when they start laying that’s when people say they can breed. They are going to be 8 or 9 months old when I breed them though

Back
Top Bottom