What ducklings cannot eat and can eat~

pekinduck<3er

Songster
9 Years
Aug 5, 2010
Florida the Sunshine Spot!
Post here what not to give ducklings as treats and what you can give them when their ducklings!I'm desperately loking for answers and heres the best place to ask!
smile.png
Also I have a question..............I found some little purple berries in the woods....Is it safe for them to eat?Any advice is great!Thanks!
big_smile.png

it depends how old they are really if they are in their first week they probably wont, but I have ducklings at the minute 2 1/2 weeks old I fed them a few well cut up vegatables today and they loved it and I have been doing so for years.

just try any fruit and veg with them and if they ignore it take it away, it won't kill them putting a bowl of veg in their brooder.

hope it helps.

yeh chuck in some berries see what they do, dig up some worms aswell and watch them all go for it at once!

With my first ducklings I gave them a few canned peaches, the loved it! I didnt have fresh, but my mom had some canned, I will see if my new one like it, I hope they do! Good luck ducklover!

pekinduck<3er :

lol just scared the berries are fatal
sad.png
scary but thats cute.They are 3 days old today
tongue.png

I wouldnt put any berries in, just my thought they probublly are poisonis or not very good for them. And my ducklings were afraid of worms when they were little hahaha they ran from it lol. They were skratching in the yard and bob found a worm and quacked up a storm and ran, the rest followed! Lol.​

Back
Top Bottom