What ducklings cannot eat and can eat~

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pekinduck<3er, Aug 30, 2011.

1. pekinduck<3er

pekinduck<3er Chillin' With My Peeps

Post here what not to give ducklings as treats and what you can give them when their ducklings!I'm desperately loking for answers and heres the best place to ask! [​IMG] Also I have a question..............I found some little purple berries in the woods....Is it safe for them to eat?Any advice is great!Thanks! [​IMG]

2. pekinduck<3er

No one?Come on im getting ducklings tommarow and need to know.... [​IMG]

3. cooprunbuilder

cooprunbuilder Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2011
    London
    it depends how old they are really if they are in their first week they probably wont, but I have ducklings at the minute 2 1/2 weeks old I fed them a few well cut up vegatables today and they loved it and I have been doing so for years.

just try any fruit and veg with them and if they ignore it take it away, it won't kill them putting a bowl of veg in their brooder.

hope it helps.

yeh chuck in some berries see what they do, dig up some worms aswell and watch them all go for it at once!

4. pekinduck<3er

lol just scared the berries are fatal [​IMG] scary but thats cute.They are 3 days old today [​IMG]

5. cooprunbuilder

cooprunbuilder Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2011
    London
    Wait a little while before fruit and veg but try throwing a worm in see what they do lol. they should go mad and all dive in for it.

6. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Try here peko the very first part is about what ducklings can eat

7. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    With my first ducklings I gave them a few canned peaches, the loved it! I didnt have fresh, but my mom had some canned, I will see if my new one like it, I hope they do! Good luck ducklover!

8. pekinduck<3er

Quote:Thnx!

9. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Your welcome, I hope you find something they will like!

10. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    pekinduck<3er :

lol just scared the berries are fatal [​IMG] scary but thats cute.They are 3 days old today [​IMG]

I wouldnt put any berries in, just my thought they probublly are poisonis or not very good for them. And my ducklings were afraid of worms when they were little hahaha they ran from it lol. They were skratching in the yard and bob found a worm and quacked up a storm and ran, the rest followed! Lol.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by