What ducks do I get??

Yucca quail

Chirping
Apr 4, 2020
I was thinking about ordering a wide variety of ducks. I can’t make up my mind on which ones I would like .. hence the variety. I currently have two muscovy hens. Is it a bad idea to mix like that? I also would like to get one Drake. But I don’t know what breed would be best 🙈🙈 how on earth do you decide on a breed?? I am a duck addict 😂😂 they are too awesome

* note I know breeding Mallard derived with Muscovy leads to infertile ducks .. I don’t think I want a Muscovy Drake.

Attachments

• E799DD53-BA47-4146-AC92-DC364FE62FCA.png
    E799DD53-BA47-4146-AC92-DC364FE62FCA.png
    498.8 KB · Views: 8
I’m looking for duck breeds that lay a lot, pretty decent at foraging, like to free range during the day.. quieter the better but not a huge deal. Possibility to use for meat. HELP😂😂

I’m looking for duck breeds that lay a lot, pretty decent at foraging, like to free range during the day.. quieter the better but not a huge deal. Possibility to use for meat. HELP😂😂
A pekin would be a good breed for yo then. They forage well, can be trained to go in when you want, are great for meat, and are regular layers. But if you want a quiet duck, Muscovites are also good. You might also get those qualities from a mixed breed duck to. If you want a quiet duck, Muscovites are among the quietest. Also good for meat and eggs to. But they go broody a lot.

I was in your situation earlier this year and here are the breeds I decided on.

White Layer - loud and boisterous, will eat literally everything, funny, has laid a huge egg everyday since she began on 8/1/20
Buff - very shy, will run around the world to keep from coming within a foot from me, has laid a huge egg everyday since she began the first week of August
Welsh Harlequin - very pretty, sweet, has laid an egg every day since she began
Chocolate Runner - tiny girl, sweet, funny, lays a small bluish green egg, stopped laying a couple months ago
Fawn & White Runner - hilarious, sweet, lays no eggs at all, turned out to be a male - love him though
Saxony - died 3 days after receiving them, was the breed I was really wanting

All my ducks free range all day.

Here are my two threads about my life before and after ducks.
Sell Me On A Duck Breed
My Love Affair With Ducks

I was in your situation earlier this year and here are the breeds I decided on.

White Layer - loud and boisterous, will eat literally everything, funny, has laid a huge egg everyday since she began on 8/1/20
Buff - very shy, will run around the world to keep from coming within a foot from me, has laid a huge egg everyday since she began the first week of August
Welsh Harlequin - very pretty, sweet, has laid an egg every day since she began
Chocolate Runner - tiny girl, sweet, funny, lays a small bluish green egg, stopped laying a couple months ago
Fawn & White Runner - hilarious, sweet, lays no eggs at all, turned out to be a male - love him though
Saxony - died 3 days after receiving them, was the breed I was really wanting

All my ducks free range all day.

Here are my two threads about my life before and after ducks.
Sell Me On A Duck Breed
My Love Affair With Ducks
Thank you😊

A pekin would be a good breed for yo then. They forage well, can be trained to go in when you want, are great for meat, and are regular layers. But if you want a quiet duck, Muscovites are also good. You might also get those qualities from a mixed breed duck to. If you want a quiet duck, Muscovites are among the quietest. Also good for meat and eggs to. But they go broody a lot.
I thought pekins don’t leas as much compared to other ducks?

Back
Top Bottom