What eats chicken feed but not chickens?

Anburia

Hatching
Jun 14, 2023
Hi! We are in MN and we had something get into our meat bird chicken tractor and our egg layer run. It peeled back the wire and collapsed the roof on the chicken tractor. Only thing it did was drag out the 30 gallon feeder from the meat birds and eat the feed. None of our birds were eaten. What would be large enough to break into the coop but only eat the feed?

Drunk neighbor who can’t drive a vehicle, but thinks it’s okay to drive a John Deere to the bar. Loses his key, and decides to walk home, but gets hungry on the way and hears chickens. Decides to get in, but is afraid to fight the flock, so might as well teach those pesky hens a lesson and eat their food. I mean…..it is MN!

I think that's the typical black bear 'attack' where I live -- black bears flip those cute little coops right over and eat the feed, chickens are left wandering around looking horrified. To the bear it's probably no different than the rest of his feeding rounds in the neighborhood, where he goes 'round and tips bird-feeders so the seed spills directly into his mouth.

Back
Top Bottom