What else can chicks eat to grow faster?

Farmgal101

Crowing
May 29, 2017
I have my baby chicks eating dumor chick feed.I was wonder if there is anything my chicks can eat to grow faster.I want them to go in to there outdoor brooder but they need to be fully feathered before I do that.Can they eat egg for extra growth and protein?

Mine get a daily helping of scrambled eggs and they grow like weeds. It can take a few days for the to really start to like them, but after they do they go crazy for them. They can cause looser droppings if fed too much. My chicks grew like crazy last year, and were extremely friendly because of it.

Mine get a daily helping of scrambled eggs and they grow like weeds. It can take a few days for the to really start to like them, but after they do they go crazy for them. They can cause looser droppings if fed too much. My chicks grew like crazy last year, and were extremely friendly because of it.
Is there a certain age thy have to be?Can it be raw egg?

Sadly, you really can't force good development and feathering. Making sure they have a well rounded 20%+ protein for the first couple months (they definitely love a good egg scramble) with fresh greens, fruits, etc is more important for overall health than trying to artificially stimulate growth. Also, depending upon the breed of your littles, some will feather earlier than others. They're genetically predisposed to it. I know it's kind of a pain keeping them inside for the first month, but it really does go by quickly and all of a sudden you have big critters out in the yard! :)

Sadly, you really can't force good development and feathering. Making sure they have a well rounded 20%+ protein for the first couple months (they definitely love a good egg scramble) with fresh greens, fruits, etc is more important for overall health than trying to artificially stimulate growth. Also, depending upon the breed of your littles, some will feather earlier than others. They're genetically predisposed to it. I know it's kind of a pain keeping them inside for the first month, but it really does go by quickly and all of a sudden you have big critters out in the yard! :)
I have Easter eggers. what age can they eat other things besides chick feed

Is there a certain age thy have to be?Can it be raw egg?
Don't feed raw eggs. I started mine on day 2. It's easy to scramble an egg and microwave it for 30-40 seconds, let cool, break into small pieces and give them a shallow dish of them. I started with about 1/2 to 1/3 of an egg for 20 chicks, and will work my way up to 2-3 eggs by the time they are 2-3 months of age.

Don't feed raw eggs. I started mine on day 2. It's easy to scramble an egg and microwave it for 30-40 seconds, let cool, break into small pieces and give them a shallow dish of them. I started with about 1/2 to 1/3 of an egg for 20 chicks, and will work my way up to 2-3 eggs by the time they are 2-3 months of age.
Thankyou.Did you scramble the eggs in the microwave?

I put my egg in a microwaveable dish, splash of milk, scramble with a fork, cover with a paper towel, microwave for 30 seconds, check them, maybe another 10 seconds, squash with fork and put in my serving dish, and let them cool a bit.

Back
Top Bottom