What else can I but in my chicks' brooder besides food and water?

fushalilly

Songster
11 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Rhode Island
They are two weeks old and they look like they get bored in their little brooder with just food and water to stare at all day. Can I put a plant or something in there that they can peck at? Or am I just being overly concerned of my chicks boredom? I mean, its a big brooder, but the three of them seem to get bored, ya know? Haha, I feel bad!

I have 2 small stuffed animals which they love, a couple of branches that mimick a perch, and a ferret house. It is round and plastic, like a cave. They love to go in it, like a mini coop!

What good ideas! I fed mine some mealworms today, and laughed myself silly at the "Keystone Cops" routine they put on trying to keep their mealworm from the others. I think I'll try your suggestions! I wonder if I can get a stuffed animal that resembles a chicken?

I have a roosting bar made of wood dowel and they love to hop on and off all day even at 2 weeks old. its only a couple of inches off the fllor. I also tiw abundle of garden greens and hold it at eye level. They love to peck at it and try and get a piece. My daughter gives them worms which are a real treat.

Seems they never get bored and dont peck at each other.

Back
Top Bottom