What else can I do?

Hopefully draining will help get it to healing. That along with the antibiotic your giving him. Let us know how he does after the vet works on him. Is the swelling soft like fluid is in it or hard?

Honestly, feels like his foot is going to bust.. Its still very hot to the touch and it has a lot of pressure built up. It did feel kinda soft at first before it was this swelled. I'm hoping this vet is better because the other was not so helpful. I also have it wrapped up so he's not putting all his weight on it.

Honestly, feels like his foot is going to bust.. Its still very hot to the touch and it has a lot of pressure built up. It did feel kinda soft at first before it was this swelled. I'm hoping this vet is better because the other was not so helpful. I also have it wrapped up so he's not putting all his weight on it.
Oh boy, does not sound good. It sounds like a huge infection which I don't understand why she didn't drain.

So an update:
The vet I brought him to wasn't convinced it was bumblefoot. However, she cut both the places open on his foot and fluid and pus came out. No black areas or anything inside.. I have to bring him back Monday to have it redressed and looked at again. She said if it was swelling back up, that she would try another approach to it whenever she drained it again. She wasn't happy that the other vet wanted to euthanize him so quickly.

Attachments

• received_677885489727094.jpeg
    received_677885489727094.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 5
  • USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1589638651922_6667427756318912994.jpeg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1589638651922_6667427756318912994.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom