WHAT ELSE CAN POSSIBLY LIVE IN MY *&%*#&%*# COOP WALLS?!

UPDATE:

The exterminator came today and told us they were bumblebee's, and that we really couldn't have gotten rid of them ourselves because they're...for bees...highly agressive. He says that it looks like they've made their home in an old mouse nest, which is not unlikely since we did find dead baby mice in one of the boxes in the coop.

We are "mouse proofing," the coop as best we can, but it was really easy for the mice to get in since in a few places the footings were crumbled and they could get into the wooden part of the building due to the footings.

Our exterminator said we shouldn't feel bad about killing honeybees anyway, because no sensible beekeeper would take them, because he/she might introduce disease into their hives and end up killing all their bees. We were also informed that all the wild bees have the disease, and the problem is that beekeepers are introducing the wild bees into their hives, which carry this disease, and they're killing off all our domesticated bees. It is NOT reccommended for beekeepers to take honeybee hives to introduce, it could lead to the death of ALL their bees.

I hope that information helps a few of our resident beekeepers.... ps, our exterminator also keeps bees!

Last edited:
Your exterminator is extremely wrong about beekeepers and the collection of honeybees from cutouts, but there's no point in arguing. It makes him money to kill them. See any conflict of interest there?
roll.png
I know many, many beekeepers all over the country who do cutouts daily during the season and are happy to take the bees. It didn't work for you and that's fine, no I have no interest in making anyone feel guilty for their decisions regarding stinging insects, as long as they make their decisions based on sound fact and not a sales pitch.

Quote:
I wouldn't call it a sales pitch if he keeps bees himself... we use him all the time, he sprayed our wasps
smile.png
No beekeeper in our area would take them, and what our exterminator said is also what we got from the beekeepers we called.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom