What exactly are you guys voting for?

xke4

Songster
12 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Why are there people in lines for whole days? Don't you just go in, confirm your identity and vote? Is this the time that the dog catcher, sheriff etc are voted for as well? Took me all of 2 minutes to vote for Prime Minister this fall! And that included the chit chat at the check-in desk because the gentleman behind the desk recognized my husband's last name as someone (my FIL) he went to school with 50 years ago!!!

It's just the massive amount of people voting, I think. The unexpected voter turnout is backing things up. I would assume having to explain the process to the tons and tons of first-time voters is slowing things up a little, too.

I plan to bring my Nintendo DS with me tomorrow so that I can study Japanese while in line.
smile.png

Everyone in Oregon votes by mail.
I dropped my ballot off this morning at the city hall ballot box.
I spent about an hour yesterday going over measures and some of the regional issues I needed to decide on

Quote:
They should be arrested.

I hope that everybody thinks a lot tonight, and makes the right decision for our country. For the first time there is a candidate that I worry about what will happen to our country if he gets in.

Last edited:
Here in Maryland, we are also voting for our next congressperson, 3 sets of judges, 2 state constitutional amendments (one on allowing slot machines), bond bills to fund libraries, public safety, county building construction, transportation and college facilities. There is also referendums on a telecommunications sales tax and a clarification of time of notification for public hearings. Even if I know what I am going to do by heart when I walk into the booth, I am still going to read each of these one more time to make sure I am sure.

This should take me less than 5 minutes, assuming nothing goes wrong.

Back
Top Bottom