1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What exactly are you guys voting for?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by xke4, Nov 3, 2008.

1. xke4

xke4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    Why are there people in lines for whole days? Don't you just go in, confirm your identity and vote? Is this the time that the dog catcher, sheriff etc are voted for as well? Took me all of 2 minutes to vote for Prime Minister this fall! And that included the chit chat at the check-in desk because the gentleman behind the desk recognized my husband's last name as someone (my FIL) he went to school with 50 years ago!!!

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    It's just the massive amount of people voting, I think. The unexpected voter turnout is backing things up. I would assume having to explain the process to the tons and tons of first-time voters is slowing things up a little, too.

I plan to bring my Nintendo DS with me tomorrow so that I can study Japanese while in line. [​IMG]

3. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    There are a few things on the ballot, I'm hoping it doesn't take too long tomorrow.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Might be those people who are voting twice. [​IMG] It's happening here by the hundreds. They should be arrested.

5. carousel

carousel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    NW Oregon
    Everyone in Oregon votes by mail.
    I dropped my ballot off this morning at the city hall ballot box.
    I spent about an hour yesterday going over measures and some of the regional issues I needed to decide on

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:They should be arrested.

I hope that everybody thinks a lot tonight, and makes the right decision for our country. For the first time there is a candidate that I worry about what will happen to our country if he gets in.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  7. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    everyone is in line to vote for me

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote:Now, here's a candidate I can get behind! Go, Lance! [​IMG]

9. Chicken Boo

Chicken Boo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    Here in Maryland, we are also voting for our next congressperson, 3 sets of judges, 2 state constitutional amendments (one on allowing slot machines), bond bills to fund libraries, public safety, county building construction, transportation and college facilities. There is also referendums on a telecommunications sales tax and a clarification of time of notification for public hearings. Even if I know what I am going to do by heart when I walk into the booth, I am still going to read each of these one more time to make sure I am sure.

This should take me less than 5 minutes, assuming nothing goes wrong.

10. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I voted "heck no", "you bet", "no way Jose", "YES!!", and a few "maybes".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by