what feed do you like and dislike

I am perfectly happy feeding my poultry Nature's Best 16% Organic Layer Pellets.

INGREDIENTS -

Organic Corn
Organic Soybean Meal
Roasted Organic Soybeans
Organic Wheat
Calcium Carbonate
Organic Alfalfa
Monocalcium Phosphate
Diatomaceous Earth
Sodium Chloride
Sodium Sesquicarbonate
Methionine
Minerals and Vitamins.
Organic Wheat Middlings is listed as ingredient number 21..however, it must be a TINY amount as it comes after Sodeium Selenite.
The Vegetable OIl is 100% organic.. fine by me!
As is the Organic Soybean Oil.

I think I'll stick with my non-GMO, insecticide and herbicide-free ingredients, thanks!

NATURE'S BEST Best Organic 16% Egg Layer Pellets: http://www.organicfeeds.com/files/download/115

Oh, and here is a graph detailing the comparative analysis of GMO vs non-GMO Corn. I have previously hypothesised that the low Magnesium content could be linked to the seizure tendency of GMO Corn fed canines.

Wheat Milling ---

Description
These byproducts of milling wheat for flour consist of varying amounts of bran, germ and flour. They are highly palatable, low in calcium and tend to be higher in phosphorus than most other grains and processed grain by-products.
Wheat bran is highest in fiber and phosphorus and lowest in energy of the five. It can be included in the grain mix up to a level of 25 percent or fed at a rate of up to 7 pounds (3.2 kg) per cow per day.
Wheat middlings (also called midds) is a very common ingredient in cattle feeds. Midds are a by-product of the flour milling industry comprising several grades of granular particles containing different proportions of endosperm, bran and germ.
It has 96 percent of the energy value of barley and 91 percent of the energy value of corn. Midds are palatable feedstuffs and can be included in the grain mixture at high levels.
Wheat middlings can be maintained in good condition for up to three years if stored in a dry environment. Bulk material can be handled in normal equipment used in the feed or grain industry.

Corn Distillers Dried Grains --

DESCRIPTION: Corn Distillers Dried Grains is obtained after the removal of ethyl alcohol by distillation from the yeast fermentation of a corn or a grain mixture in which corn predominates by separating the resultant coarse grain fraction of the whole stillage and drying it by methods employed in the grain distilling industry. Prior to drying liquid is removed by sieving or centrifugation, and the mash is dried to the specifications listed below. The feed is rich in cereal and residual yeast proteins, energy, minerals, vitamins and growth factors. The product is moderately coarse, friable and a golden to brownish colour. Fermentation of the starch, which is about 2/3 of the weight of cereal grains, results in a three fold concentration of non-starches such as proteins, fats, mineral and vitamins in the residual mash. In addition to these nutrients, protein, vitamins and growth factors are further synthesized by the growing yeast cells during the fermentative process.

*note* ethyl alcohol is nothing more than corn whisky.

DEHULLED SOYBEAN MEAL ---

Description
Soybean meal is the product remaining after extracting most of the oil from whole soybeans. The oil may be removed by solvent extraction or by an expeller process in which the beans are heated and squeezed. The nutrient composition of the oil extracted soybean meal 48 is shown in the table below.
Soybean meal is high in protein and energy and is one of the most commonly used protein supplements in North America. It is a palatable feedstuff and may be used as the major protein supplement in rations for dairy cattle.

*note* the difference between soybean meal and dehulled soybean meal is mostly that the dehulled soybean meal is hulled which makes if have less fiber but it also makes it higher in Lysine and over all proteins.

Grain Screenings ---

"Mixed grain screenings" is a byproduct of the elevating, transporting, or cleaning of grain. Grain screenings is the entire grain kernel, broken, ground, or fractured. Mixed grain screenings may contain incidental whole kernels of grain. Mixed grain screenings must consist of seventy percent or more of whole, light, and broken kernels of wheat, barley, oats, corn, rye, flaxseed, sorghum, triticale, soybeans, or wild oats in combination. Mixed grain screenings may contain not more than thirty percent of other foreign material.

Canola Seed Meal ---

As with Soybean Meal is the product remaining after extracting most of the oil from whole Canola Seed. By extracting the oil you get a high protein low feat "Meal".

GROUND CORN ---

This is self explanatory but since again your making things sound worse than they are.
Ground Corn is just that, ground corn. The corn is ground in order to use it in the pelleted feed.

I am perfectly happy feeding my poultry Nature's Best 16% Organic Layer Pellets.

INGREDIENTS -

Organic Corn
Organic Soybean Meal
Roasted Organic Soybeans
Organic Wheat
Calcium Carbonate
Organic Alfalfa
Monocalcium Phosphate
Diatomaceous Earth
Sodium Chloride
Sodium Sesquicarbonate
Methionine
Minerals and Vitamins.
Organic Wheat Middlings is listed as ingredient number 21..however, it must be a TINY amount as it comes after Sodeium Selenite.
The Vegetable OIl is 100% organic.. fine by me!
As is the Organic Soybean Oil.

I think I'll stick with my non-GMO, insecticide and herbicide-free ingredients, thanks!

NATURE'S BEST Best Organic 16% Egg Layer Pellets: http://www.organicfeeds.com/files/download/115

Oh, and here is a graph detailing the comparative analysis of GMO vs non-GMO Corn. I have previously hypothesised that the low Magnesium content could be linked to the seizure tendency of GMO Corn fed canines.

Link to the analysis?

I'm trying to learn so my question is:

One of the ingredients in the organic food is Penicillum funiculosum fermentation product.

Isn't Penicillum a type of antibiotic? If it is then wouldn't that be bad to feeding your chickens very day? Or can it be compared to making penicillin from mold? That the base for the antibiotic is in the mold but doesn't become an antibiotic until you take the mold and modify it. Sorry if I'm not making sense just trying to wrap my brain around the info.

When I google searched it I came up with a lot of articles like this one http://www.researchgate.net/publica...mination_synthesis_and_antibacterial_activity

Last edited:
As a protein source, the individual ingredients with the highest protein level is Soybean meal which has a protein content of 48%

This is the second listed ingredient. Corn OTOH has only a 9% protein level. Barley, Oats and Wheat have from 8-12% protein. Without approaching the manaufacturer for specifics, you cannot be sure how much protein is derived from corn alone. At least it is GMO corn.

I'm trying to learn so my question is:

One of the ingredients in the organic food is Penicillum funiculosum fermentation product.

Isn't Penicillum a type of antibiotic? If it is then wouldn't that be bad to feeding your chickens very day? Or can it be compared to making penicillin from mold? That the base for the antibiotic is in the mold but doesn't become an antibiotic until you take the mold and modify it. Sorry if I'm not making sense just trying to wrap my brain around the info.

When I google searched it I came up with a lot of articles like this one http://www.researchgate.net/publica...mination_synthesis_and_antibacterial_activity

The penicillium funiculosum fermentation product that's used in Nature's Best 16% Organic Layer Pellets can be used of a number of things, including a growth stimulator, to help poultry digest diets high in starchy/high fibrous grains like Wheat, Oats, Barley and Rye.

It is fermented so it shouldn't be a antibiotic. I know that there were some debated on if it was safe or not.

Last edited:
The penicillium funiculosum fermentation product that's used in Nature's Best 16% Organic Layer Pellets can be used of a number of things, including a growth stimulator, to help poultry digest diets high in starchy/high fibrous grains like Wheat, Oats, Barley and Rye.

It is fermented so it shouldn't be a antibiotic. I know that there were some debated on if it was safe or not.

Thanks for the info. Just trying to learn and sometimes it all sounds like Greek to me. I think that a little bit of knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge. With no knowledge you know that you need to learn but sometimes with a little bit of knowledge you tend to think you know it all lol
wink.png

ETA
The bit about knowledge is not aimed at or talking about anyone specific just some random thought I thought I'd share with you all

Last edited:
Link to the analysis?

Don't hold your breath, LOL... That chart is parroted all over the anti-GMO sites as fact, when in fact with some actual research into it's origin you find it's nothing but fraudulent misleading propaganda... Surprised?

Are you ready for the facts? That chart is actually a field SOIL analysis, it's not a comparison of the corn!!! It's a chart comparing the DIRT from two different fields!!! And even it's validity in any real scientific respect is in question as it's origins are from a fertilizer companies advertising brochure, and they have for the lack of better words tossed up 'smoke and mirrors' when asked the hard questions like where the data comes from and why it makes no sense...

To anyone (like me) with even a basic level of organic chemistry, it's good for a laugh though...

Just look at line #2 of the chart, are you ready for the head scratchier? That line says '% Organic Matter' now if you need a definition of organic matter feel free to Google it up... For the rest I hope that line tosses up a HUGE BIG RED flag!!! According to that even non-GMO corn is only 2.1% organic matter, anyone have a head scratching moment just now? If you need another one of those moments, lets look a few lines down at the %Ca (Calcium) who would have known that non-GMO corn was actually 62% calcium, yum yum, it just has to taste great and be good for you when it's 62% metal, LOL!!!

Here is some more for the funny bone...

http://thephysicspolice.blogspot.com/2013/04/dont-eat-soil.html

http://kfolta.blogspot.com/2013/04/fake-anti-gmo-data-stokes-alarm.html

So unless you are eating dirt, that chart is well, irrelevant and silly...

Last edited:
Don't hold your breath, LOL... That chart is parroted all over the anti-GMO sites as fact, when in fact with some actual research into it's origin you find it's nothing but fraudulent misleading propaganda... Surprised?

Are you ready for the facts? That chart is actually a field SOIL analysis, it's not a comparison of the corn!!! It's a chart comparing the DIRT from two different fields!!! And even it's validity in any real scientific respect is in question as it's origins are from a fertilizer companies advertising brochure, and they have for the lack of better words tossed up 'smoke and mirrors' when asked the hard questions like where the data comes from and why it makes no sense...

To anyone (like me) with even a basic level of organic chemistry, it's good for a laugh though...

Just look at line #2 of the chart, are you ready for the head scratchier? That line says '% Organic Matter' now if you need a definition of organic matter feel free to Google it up... For the rest I hope that line tosses up a HUGE BIG RED flag!!! According to that even non-GMO corn is only 2.1% organic matter, anyone have a head scratching moment just now? If you need another one of those moments, lets look a few lines down at the %Ca (Calcium) who would have known that non-GMO corn was actually 62% calcium, yum yum, it just has to taste great and be good for you when it's 62% metal, LOL!!!

Here is some more for the funny bone...

http://thephysicspolice.blogspot.com/2013/04/dont-eat-soil.html

http://kfolta.blogspot.com/2013/04/fake-anti-gmo-data-stokes-alarm.html

So unless you are eating dirt, that chart is well, irrelevant and silly...
Oh I wasn't going to hold my breath, I know much better, and just wanted to see where they got there info for.
There was red flag all over that, "analysis" and the sad thing is, there is people out there falling for these hoaxes and false information and repost it.

I am totally shocked and really do appreciate the illumination. Yikes! I admit I fell for this report when it first surfaced.

To follow up, perhaps you would be willing to provide insight into the truth that GM crops containing Bt toxin may cause toxic effects to multiple organ systems, allergic reactions and/or sensitize humans - and thence animals - to other food substances?

Back
Top Bottom