What feeds have animal protein?

If Kent still makes HighFlyer that feed should still have Animal Protein in it.

I don't know what feeds you have where your at but Purina does have animal proteins in there Game Bird, Turkey, Show Bird feeds and most any mill that sells Purina Feed can get the Game, Turkey, and Show Bird feed.

Chris

If anyone comes across a poultry feed that contains animal protein, today, please share. Purina no longer uses animal protein in any of its feeds and I'd advise everyone to check and double check the labels. Seems that animal protein has been largely eliminated due to "consumer preference" i.e. ignorance.

Scratch n Peck feeds all have fish meal in them. It's an organic feed found mostly on the West coast. The fish meal is high quality Menhaden fish that have been preserved with a natural rosemary extract (Naturox), not the toxic preservatives. Our birds do very well on this feed.

Thanks for that, RE: Scratch N Peck, but I'm looking for a conventional feed. I don't need any exotic anti-this, non-that, 100% this that cost $1 / pound. Any other suggestions... please post.

I just recently discovered that some Nutrena Country Feeds All Flock pellets contain animal protein. On local store sells All Flock made with animal protein but another store just 30 miles away sells All Flock made with only plant protein. Not sure what that's all about. Maybe these stores are ordering from two different manufacturing plants? Is it a regional thing? I'm wondering if this is the case with Nutrena's other Country Feeds products. Anyway this is an option if you want a more affordable feed with animal protein. You'll of course have to read labels though as I assume that not every location with sell the All Flock containing animal protein.

If anyone comes across a poultry feed that contains animal protein, today, please share. Purina no longer uses animal protein in any of its feeds and I'd advise everyone to check and double check the labels. Seems that animal protein has been largely eliminated due to "consumer preference" i.e. ignorance.
I've been trying to get my girls feathers to grow back from their spring romance. I'd been feeding the Southern States Rock N Rooster feed. My feed store guy is still under the impression that it still has animal protein in it but I just read the label on the last bag I used and it's not there. I switched to Purina's game bird feed which apparently still has animal protein in it. I took this off the last bag I emptied.

Thanks, Nupe, That is good information. I have an update. I found a feed milli in Pennsylvania, Brown's Feed, whose Egg Charger Mash has animal protein. Search is over! Good luck with your hen's bald spots! DF

Back
Top Bottom