What funny quirks do your chickens have?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LittleFeat, Nov 19, 2009.

1. LittleFeat

LittleFeat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Aren't chickens funny!? This morning when I did my usual routine, my chickens did something that got me thinking about what all
    weird, quirky stuff your chickens do....

I take some kind of treat out to mine each morning before I open their pop door. I place it on a white paper plate and set it on the ground in their run. Well this morning you'd have thought I was trying to poison them!! After shredding some zuchini and spinach, heaven forbid instead of placing it on the usual WHITE paper plate....omg I just put it on the BLACK styrofoam tray that the zuchini came packaged in. [​IMG]

I opened the pop door and down the ramp they came only to run in circles in a total panic!!! Oh my gosh what is that horrible BLACK thing????? [​IMG]

And yes I admit....they are totally spoiled.....after 5 minutes of them huddled in the back corner scared to move, I went and got a WHITE paper plate and transfered the treat to it. [​IMG] As I was walking away they were happily gobbling it up!

Aren't chickens funny!!! [​IMG]

So what weird stuff do your's do??? [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Let's see. Jezebel chatters non-stop, even in her sleep.
    Lilith would sleep on the floor with her beak tucked deeply into a corner of the coop, if I let her.
    Brigid - OMG Brigid! - she screams from the time they jump on the roost at night until everyone of them is settled and I close the door.
    I can't think of one of mine that doesn't have a quirk, but those three come to mind right now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by