What gender/age are these Ameraucana chicks?

Quote:
Not necessarily. If the are EEs, they can lay ANY colored eggs.

EEs are a mutt chicken with a blue egg laying ancestor. They can look like anything and lay any colored egg.

They are NOT ameraucanas or araucanas, which have a S.O.P. Ameraucana project birds of good quality aren't really EEs - they are not mutts, only have an unaccepted color (which may be trying to be recognized in the books, such as lavender, mottled, ect)

NO HATCHERY sells real ameraucanas or araucanas.

If you need more info, I've made a video on our youtube channel about this very thing.

mom2jedi that you for your explaination and thank you very much ChickenWisperer! And everyone else too! This has always been kinda confusing for me. I think I'm beginning to understand it.

Quote:
Your very welcome. Both chicks look like they are becoming acolor which is usually seen in females - however, I would be suspicious of acorn.

Both of the chicks turned out to be pullets. Sorry for not getting back to you guys until now. Thanks for calling them by name, most people just say the breed instead and I think it's cute when other people call them their names. Not only for my chickens, but everyone's pet chickens. I guess Walnut just developed her comb a little faster.

Quote:
Here we got again....go up to the top of this webpage and click on "Breeds", look at the characteristics of each. Also, I just started a thread that is listed just above this one on the list. It is kind of a buyer beware thing.

Back
Top Bottom