What Gender are my Buff Orpingtons? See pictures Please.

ericbrbr

Songster
15 Years
Jun 28, 2008
Tennessee
Does any one know the genders of my Buff Orpingtons? I think they are a about 16 weeks old. (I only think this because my Sussex Trio is 4 months and they are the same size) I have them labled by the colored tie on there foot. There is a body shot and head shot of each.

PINK 1
12521_pink1.jpg

PINK 2
12521_pink2.jpg

GREEN 1
12521_green1.jpg

GREEN 2
12521_green2.jpg

BLUE 1
12521_blue1.jpg

BLUE 2
12521_blue2.jpg

BLACK 1
12521_black1.jpg

BLACK 2
12521_black2.jpg

YELLOW 1
12521_yellow1.jpg

YELLOW 2
12521_yellow2.jpg

Last edited:
First off, I think these birds are younger than you think. (Buffs are a large, heavy breed.) Also, I've had some BO girls with rather large combs and wattles, so I have to warn you these are guesses. (you should be hearing the roos crow by now as well.)

Pinks are pullets, all others look rooish. But, again, I stress these are just guesses. Good Luck! I love this breed!
smile.png

I only have 5 total. There is 2 pictures of each chicken. So Pink 1 and Pink 2 is the same chicken and so on. So this means I only have one hen and 4 roos. That is the ratio I was hoping for just the other way around. lol Thanks all

Quote:
Yep, I'll be bawling if that happens to me. I have ten seven-week-old blue Orpingtons, and I won't know what's what until they crow or lay an egg. Sure do hope that at least five are hens.
Eight roosters, argh!

Back
Top Bottom