what gender are my chickens?

Hi, I would have said they all look like girls too, do you have an updated photo of them all including the blue cochin that is crowing? your dog is adorable! what breed?

Our dog is a mixed breed. Her mother was Husky/Malamute mix and Dad was a golden retriever. Best dog ever. I will try to get updated pictures.

15 week blue cochin bantam. I heard this little guy crow 3 times on Saturday and 8 times on Sunday.

I'm shocked about the cochin! Most of my cochin bantam females look that way and my males are visibly growing hackle and saddle feathers and have very red heads. All of the others look like pullets to me. Barred rock too dark on body and too light on head to be cockeral.

Last edited:
I'm shocked about the cochin! Most of my cochin bantam females look that way and my males are visibly growing hackle and saddle feathers and have very red heads. All of the others look like pullets to me. Barred rock too dark on body and too light on head to be cockeral.
x2...I would say that cochin was a pullet! I did have a cochin pullet, just about POL, that tried crowing. She was horrible at it! Knew by color that she was a pullet but, she really wanted to be a boy..until she layed that first egg
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom