What gender are these chickens?? I hope there hens!!! Lol

Mattsiewrt94

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 5, 2013
I do not need anymore roosters!!!

Mhmmm I really couldn't tell you I bought them at a chicken swap and just said they were off the light I really hope there not roosters lol,

Can you still help me out?? I'm trying to find out so if they are I could get rid of the roosters

Really... That sucksssss I'm really unlucky when I get young chickens like this I already got two roosters I have to seperate I can't have this one but your saying the two black ones look like hens? The tiny black one is no bigger than my hand I'm guessing it's a bantam ??

I didn't realise the black ones were two separate birds, but in any case they both look like pullets. When you are buying chickens that are "off the light" (i.e. fully feathered, so approx 6 weeks old) avoid anything with a large red comb, large feet and legs, kind of lanky and tall in appearance. These are all cockerel traits. I'm not sure if that's a full barred rock cockerel you have there but for future reference note that with barred rocks the paler ones are male, the darker ones are female.

Back
Top Bottom