What gender are these EE and BA? -pic heavy-

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kingpartyof5, Aug 16, 2010.

1. kingpartyof5

kingpartyof5 Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Central Indiana
    These babies are 10 weeks. I ordered 6 pullets from MPC, just making sure we will be getting eggs in 10ish weeks. There are 4 that may be in question. The others I am pretty sure are girls.

baby #1
    [​IMG]

baby #2
    [​IMG]

baby #3
    [​IMG]

baby #4
    [​IMG]

5/6 of the babies roosting
    [​IMG]

2. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    I think they all look female. [​IMG] At 10 weeks our EE roo had a noticably redder comb if I remember correctly.

3. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    I hate to say this......, but....the first pic looks like a roo. And I am assuming that he is the same chicken in the middle of the last pic. Everyone else looks like pullets.

4. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    They look Just like are girls I got 3 ee and 1 Ba. They might even be hatch mates they are the same age and I got them from MPC

5. puredelite

puredelite Chillin' With My Peeps

I kinda have to go along with Jeslewmazer, the 1st pic just might be a roo. Without a clear head view it is a little hard to tell. Usually with Americana's (EE's) the roosters comb and feet/legs are larger than the same age pullets. At least that has been my observation after raising them for 25+ yrs. Nice looking group of chickens tho!

6. kingpartyof5

kingpartyof5 Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Head view of the first peep. Does this help?
    [​IMG]

7. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    I would say they are all pullets....and they are all very pretty. Nice variety in your EE`s.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    All of your EE scare me. Hope I am wrong, but for 10 wks old they appear masculine.[​IMG]

9. Ken F

Ken F Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Hi.
    I'm no expert, but I do have 9 EE's and 5 BA's, all 19 weeks old. The one EE who turned out to be a rooster looked significantly different from the 8 pullets by six weeks. I posted pics here and everyone correctly guessed he was a roo. I think all of yours look like my pullets did at 10 weeks.

Here he is at 11 weeks:

[​IMG]

Here he is at 16 weeks:

[​IMG]

Good luck!

10. kylara70

kylara70 Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    All the saddle feathers look like they are curving up plus the combs only have one row of bumps. That should be all pullets. But I am definitely NOT sure.

Carol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by