What gender are these EE and BA? -pic heavy-

kingpartyof5

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 21, 2010
Central Indiana
These babies are 10 weeks. I ordered 6 pullets from MPC, just making sure we will be getting eggs in 10ish weeks. There are 4 that may be in question. The others I am pretty sure are girls.

baby #1
58185_dscn1713.jpg

baby #2
58185_dscn1711.jpg

baby #3
58185_dscn1691.jpg

baby #4
58185_dscn1703.jpg

5/6 of the babies roosting
58185_dscn1707.jpg

I think they all look female.
smile.png
At 10 weeks our EE roo had a noticably redder comb if I remember correctly.

I hate to say this......, but....the first pic looks like a roo. And I am assuming that he is the same chicken in the middle of the last pic. Everyone else looks like pullets.

I kinda have to go along with Jeslewmazer, the 1st pic just might be a roo. Without a clear head view it is a little hard to tell. Usually with Americana's (EE's) the roosters comb and feet/legs are larger than the same age pullets. At least that has been my observation after raising them for 25+ yrs. Nice looking group of chickens tho!

Hi.
I'm no expert, but I do have 9 EE's and 5 BA's, all 19 weeks old. The one EE who turned out to be a rooster looked significantly different from the 8 pullets by six weeks. I posted pics here and everyone correctly guessed he was a roo. I think all of yours look like my pullets did at 10 weeks.

Here he is at 11 weeks:

51651_kurt2_11_wks.jpg

Here he is at 16 weeks:

51651_kurt16wks.jpg

Good luck!

All the saddle feathers look like they are curving up plus the combs only have one row of bumps. That should be all pullets. But I am definitely NOT sure.

Carol

Back
Top Bottom