3 week old D’Uccle - what genders?

Tegan765

In the Brooder
Oct 13, 2023
Hello - I’m interested in opinions on what genders you think my baby chicks are. They are 3 week old duccles
I’m leaning towards chick 1 and 4 Roos and 2 and 3 pullets

Attachments

• IMG_8883.jpeg
    IMG_8883.jpeg
    540.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_8884.jpeg
    IMG_8884.jpeg
    511.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8885.jpeg
    IMG_8885.jpeg
    569.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8887.jpeg
    IMG_8887.jpeg
    481.8 KB · Views: 60
Sounds good!
d'Uccles are pretty easy to sex at a younger age, so soon you should be able to tell. Those boys will pop up those combs soon enough.
Little babies are now 5.5 weeks old and can fairly confidently say we have ended up with 3 Roos and 1 pullet. Feel a bit sad for our 1 single pullet who will be joining my existing flock of 4 fully grown hens. My plan is to keep the Roos as long as possible before having to rehome them so hopefully they can all blend before leaving the single pullet on her own with the other hens

Attachments

• IMG_9275.jpeg
    IMG_9275.jpeg
    810.1 KB · Views: 56
Little babies are now 5.5 weeks old and can fairly confidently say we have ended up with 3 Roos and 1 pullet. Feel a bit sad for our 1 single pullet who will be joining my existing flock of 4 fully grown hens. My plan is to keep the Roos as long as possible before having to rehome them so hopefully they can all blend before leaving the single pullet on her own with the other hens
Yes, you've got 3 boys and one girl.

I absolutely ADORE my D'Uccle roosties! They are ridiculously adorable and they're little crows are high stinkin' cute/ hilarious! I wouldn't trade them for anything. Hans and Franz are best bros for life!

Back
Top Bottom