What gender are these ?

Oh, I just saw the picture of them all together. In that case my guess is changed to 4 girls, 4 boys based on pattern and that one of that pattern had yellow shanks.

Edited to make myself clear with a picture:
View attachment 2499438
Look at comb size, & redness? The Columbian gene is responsible for the difference in pattern in the ones with the more Buff appearance.

Oh, I just saw the picture of them all together. In that case my guess is changed to 4 girls, 4 boys based on pattern and that one of that pattern had yellow shanks.

Edited to make myself clear with a picture:
View attachment 2499438
I'm breeding Orpingtons with a complicated color pattern that includes barring, & birds that are Wheaten Split for partridge. Yellow doesn't tell gender with this crossing. I've had females, & males with yellow shanks.

I'm going to go against the crowd and say the one with the yellow shanks is a pullet. This is assuming that one of the parents had yellow shanks and the other had slate or light shanks. It's possible for a pullet to also have light colored shanks from that pairing, but no boys should have yellow. Because of that, I'm also going to guess that the one that is the same color and pattern as the one with yellow shanks is also a pullet. Take that with a grain of salt though, as I'm no expert on the subject.
What part of the bird is a shank ?

Some pictures when they hatched . The black with white is Albert Einstein

Attachments

• 20201126_205627.jpg
    20201126_205627.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20201126_210531.jpg
    20201126_210531.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom