What gender is Earl?

jennyb

Songster
9 Years
Aug 17, 2013
View attachment 1123988 Sorry the picture is awful. He/she is very active. I had an incubator of eggs get over wet when the hydrometer went bad. All fully formed. Bad day all around. But this guy pipped and zipped first, was out in 20 minutes from start to finish. Early. (So either Earl or Earlene). We raised him/her alone for three weeks until a shipment of Toulouse arrived. He/she has been with them ever since. We did try to put Earl in with some earlier hatchlings but wow, chickens can be mean. He hid and got dehydrated, so back with the geese, who are almost full size. They pretty much ignore Earl.

So EARL OR EARLENE?

J

-
I would love to help but it will not let me open the photo you posted. Could you try reposting it so I can see it, please? :)
trying again, looks like it is sending 2 now?

IMG_9860.jpg
IMG_9860.jpg

This isn't much clearer but I will keep trying. It is from an arlo cam. EArl is 8 weeks old.
IMG_9862.jpg

-

trying again, looks like it is sending 2 now?

View attachment 1124067 View attachment 1124067
The pictures are going through :) but I can't see enough to tell exactly. However, from what I do see, it appears to be female (that is very far from a positive guess though). A side-profile shot and a close up of the head and tail would be a tremendous help. :)

Back
Top Bottom