What Gender

RobinSmith93

In the Brooder
Nov 21, 2019
Thanks to you wonderful people, I know the breed of my chickens. Now I am asking about gender. The store Associate who I inquired with when I got them as chicks said they were all girls, but I'm unsure. Please help. Are these all girls. I can get better pics if you guys need them.
20191121_083925.jpg

Leghorns (which is what these look like to me) have larger combs and wattles than most breeds. Even the females. They’re a Mediterranean breed so the larger comb and wattles help dissipate the heat and keep them cool. Doesn’t automatically mean rooster. Leghorns can be hard to tell because they’re a solid color and don’t get different colored neck and tail feathers like some breeds do but they do get different shaped tail feathers and those tails all look female to me.

If you had a white leghorn cockerel at that age you would know it. Those pullets look like they should start laying any day if they haven’t started already. If the four that are facing the camera don’t have saddle or hackle feathers then they are all pullets.

Back
Top Bottom