What gets your goat when selling chickens?

Your going to run into these kinda of people everywhere. It's best to just look at things like you are helping the world of chickens by removing one idiot at a time from buying something they have no business owning. Yes it can be frustrating and people will cuss you out for no reason. In most cases they are only cussing you out because they are uneducated and feel stupid when you correct them. It's all in the correction process. Sometimes they are looney and blow up anyway. They are lost causes. But in most cases people respond positively when be taught why they are wrong and not told. In cases like 5$ a hen. Ok why get mad? Bc you didn't sell to someone that doesnt deserve them anyway? they made the drive they wasted their own gas. Hopefully your not driving to meet these ppl. (Returning customers yes) but in that case education is key. We as sellers need to educate these people on cost and daily chores and all that shabang. If your seriously selling. Offer pamphlets with your products. Key things you need and areas to pay close attention too. When the chick will start to lay/ready to eat ect. And when they try to low ball you or whatever, hand them that one sheet of paper pamphlet and say mam/sir this is why I have to stay at my price. Or this is why I have to charge 6$ vs the grocery 50cent forced eggs that taste like crap.

Your going to run into these kinda of people everywhere. It's best to just look at things like you are helping the world of chickens by removing one idiot at a time from buying something they have no business owning. Yes it can be frustrating and people will cuss you out for no reason. In most cases they are only cussing you out because they are uneducated and feel stupid when you correct them. It's all in the correction process. Sometimes they are looney and blow up anyway. They are lost causes. But in most cases people respond positively when be taught why they are wrong and not told. In cases like 5$ a hen. Ok why get mad? Bc you didn't sell to someone that doesnt deserve them anyway? they made the drive they wasted their own gas. Hopefully your not driving to meet these ppl. (Returning customers yes) but in that case education is key. We as sellers need to educate these people on cost and daily chores and all that shabang. If your seriously selling. Offer pamphlets with your products. Key things you need and areas to pay close attention too. When the chick will start to lay/ready to eat ect. And when they try to low ball you or whatever, hand them that one sheet of paper pamphlet and say mam/sir this is why I have to stay at my price. Or this is why I have to charge 6$ vs the grocery 50cent forced eggs that taste like crap.
Sad part is I tell them all of this in the ad I'm also cheaper then most or roughly on par with some of the cheapest. When I was selling straight run chicks and stated straight runs were unsexed chicks some dolt tried to say I did not make it clear in my ad that straight run was unsexed chicks even tho I put and I qoute "straight run (means unsexed chicks you can get males and females)" then demanded I sell them the chicks at £1 or roughly $1.27. Then he kept harrasing me until I reported him to the site and told them I would go to the police they finally got the idea and stopped contact plus they got banned from the site lol.

What a jerk leading a dog breeder on for 3 weeks specially when so many ppl are willing to show up in hopes of getting a family pet. I made sure I was early to my appt for my chocolate lab I even put a deposit on him the day before to show I really wanted him. They gave me the biggest boy out of the litter he is 47kg 103-104lbs he is more of the traditional blocky lab. He also must be the dumbest out of the litter as well lol

Oh my goodness yes! I have one lady who kept begging for WEEKS to get my blue Orpington hen (pictured in my avvy) I finally just blocked her number. Sassy (the hen) ISNT FOR SALE! :lau :rant :smack
She is gorgeous:D

I have a fb Page for my birds and I like to post pics so people can see how they change. Well I have some growouts and people are driving me crazy wanting silkie pullets. I’ve told them that they are straight run right now and I have a waitlist a mile long for pullets. Is this one a girl? That one? And they don’t understand when I say not for sale at this time.

She is gorgeous:D

I have a fb Page for my birds and I like to post pics so people can see how they change. Well I have some growouts and people are driving me crazy wanting silkie pullets. I’ve told them that they are straight run right now and I have a waitlist a mile long for pullets. Is this one a girl? That one? And they don’t understand when I say not for sale at this time.
Thank you! I just got my first set of silkies!

And boy oh boy I’ve heard the before... “are you SURE you don’t want to sell” “do you think that one’s a girl??” :lau

Thank you! I just got my first set of silkies!

And boy oh boy I’ve heard the before... “are you SURE you don’t want to sell” “do you think that one’s a girl??” :lau
oh what colors did you get?
I love silkies!

Yes drive me nuts. They aren’t like normal chickens, you just have to wait.

CB82375B-62B5-488C-AD6D-652A4F1FFD7A.jpeg

Here are the ones I posted earlier that people have been driving me nuts over. They were hatched at the end of June.

oh what colors did you get?
I love silkies!

Yes drive me nuts. They aren’t like normal chickens, you just have to wait.

View attachment 1513794
Here are the ones I posted earlier that people have been driving me nuts over. They were hatched at the end of June.
I got a pair of whites (I hope it’s a pair, it’s looking like it), 1 buff (unknown gender), and 1 blue splash silkie. :)

Back
Top Bottom