What goals do y'all have for your future?

Getting my degree in Nursing...I have about two more years, year and a half if Im lucky and really push myself. After that I think we will be moving out of Washington not sure where yet. The husband and I really want about 20 acres. We live on seven right now and that doesnt seem like enough lol. Raise my son in the country! Oh yah, buy more chickens!
big_smile.png

I want to retire frokm nursing now, now now and be a secretary for my Husband and stay at home mom. That is my big goal. i want to work a selfsustaining homestead and learn how to raise a pig evry year for meat and a steer and more chickens and eggs and i want to learn how to preserve my garden veges But....... i acn't right now because i carry the benefits. when hubbys business is more profitable and we can swing 1200 a month for insurance i will quit nursing hopefully never to return again except maybe Per diem once a month maybe! sigh nursing is not what it used to be. I used to love it. Erinm

Goals. Well, there are lots of goals.

- Live a long happy and healthy life
- Get married to a lovely and intelligent lady, have a family
- Become a competitive pistol shooter
- Go back to school at sometime or another (masters degree)
- Be a homeowner and own a few acres of land (maybe not my first house)

1 I'd like to continue working on getting my little chicken business going ( already have a list of people for spring wanting meat and eggs!!!)
2 Enjoy time with my family now that we are all on the same continent
3 NOT take anything for granted ever
Those are my 3 IMPORTANT goals

The rest... well let's just say that the first goal listed above, better pan out
fl.gif
smile.png

Kim

Goals.........

-Get through school with good grades
-Go to a private college with the best scholarship I can get and get a masters in vetrinary medicine
-Join/Partnership a Vetrinary Practice
-Get married to a nice lady
-Get a farm with around 75 acres
-Be as self-sufficient as possible
-Raise 2 children on a farm to be good members of society
-Raise and Promote Endangered species of poultry
-Have many animals
-Travel around the world
-Do something to help the world.......
...................So many goals and I'm just thirteen I've got a long life ahead of me
hmm.png

DH and I have been working towards getting a second vehicle. He came home 2 weeks ago all excited about a 1999 HD Sportser. I filled out the paperwork, not expecting to have it approved. Well, I've been approved for the loan and we're going to deal with all the paperwork tomorrow! YES!!!
wee.gif

Our next goal...finding our own place with several acres!

Dawn

Well my short term goal is to finish the last few weeks of school.

My long term goal is to move. I am currently researching building materials so when I move we can build as green as possible. I plan on using solar and geothermal and possibly wind power.
I plan on having 20-40 acres of land and starting a rare livestock breeds farm so I can be self sufficient and also help with rare animals.
On the farm I want to put a garden. My goal with all of this is to try and avoid the grocery store. I have all but two species picked out for my farm, my turkey and goat.

we have 19 acres in a small town about 15 minutes from where we live now and we want to sell our house in town and buy a trailer to put on our land. I want to have a vegie garden, fruit trees, chickens, cows, goats, pigs and be self-sufficient!
tongue.png

Quote:
Just for the record, starting your goals early isn't a bad thing at all..
smile.png

For university's with great vet schools, don't discount State schools. The vet college at Cornell University in Upstate NY is *VERY* well respected, and although most of the University (it's an Ivy League) is considered "private" - the vet school is actually a state school. But because it is attached to one of the best research university's in the country, it's a VERY strong program.

They also do summer camps for kids with specific interests, and although it doesn't do anything to assist in getting INTO Cornell, it might be a neat experience for you if your folks don't mind shipping you off to NY for a couple of weeks..

(You can see the info here: http://www.sce.cornell.edu/sc/explorations/vet.php)

(heh, sorry, I love to see kids really pursue their dreams, and I happen to have a couple of friends who are finishing up their DVMs at the Vet College @ CU, and it's a fantastic program).

Back
Top Bottom