What GOOD DEED have you done lately???

Where do I start???
th.gif

We work hard and share all of our spare time, money, and things. We donate, volunteer, and well...just help anywhere we see a need. I think everybody should. I'm not even close to rich, and know SEVERAL families who do not have as much as we do, and so we help out. We live paycheck to paycheck most weeks, and always, God takes care of us, and those who do not even have a paycheck coming. Folks took care of us via others when we didn't have a paycheck too
wink.png

About 13 years ago we had an offshore fishing trip planned. We were not rich by any means but with the job I had
we were able to live comfortably even with 2 kids an my wife expecting the 3rd. There was a young man (he was our pastor at the time) who several
of us wanted to go fishing with us so I paid his way along with mine and also gave some money to another friend to
buy food and drinks with. We had loaded up the truck to leave when I got a phone call from the hospital from my grandmother
who had taken my wife for a checkup. My wife was in the process of being taken into the OR so that they could deliver the
baby. So, needless to say,no fishing trip for me.
This past June (13 years later) we saw this same young man and after talking for a while he handed me a piece of folded up paper and told me
to look at it when I got home. So when I got home, I opened it and there was a short note, "I've always remembered the
fishing trip that you sent me on, God Bless you and your family." Inside the note was a check for 300.00.

This isn't the last good deed I did, but its worth mentioning. If you are in a restaurant and see a soldier eating, tell your waitress you want to pay for his/her meal. Have her tell him/her it is from someone in the restaurant that appreciates his/her sacrifice for their freedom. Its such a small price to pay, isn't it?

I gave my car to a friends teenage daughter. She is a single mom with 2 infants. Her daughter just turned 1 on the 24th and her son was born on the 20th. She turned 18 this year and was trying to squeeze 2 car seats in a 2 door and her one seat didn't go forward. It actually helped me too. One less insurance, one less plate to buy yearly and one less tank of gas to fill. Now she has a reliable 4 door for her and her babies.

Now THAT's a great gift!
th.gif
I wish I could do that. I've always wanted to come into some money and start a fund for single mothers so they can get their cars fixed for free and have a loaner car while this is happening. That was always the bane of my existence as a single mother....trying to keep a car on the road so I could make to work and pay the bills. You are an angel, Skittlez!
hugs.gif

I'm with Cindiloohoo....I've kind of spent the last few years actively looking for good things to do and ways to give away my money or time. I've just been feeling like its what I am supposed to be doing at this stage in my life and it feels good, so why not? God always takes care of me, so giving doesn't hurt.

Yesterday I took apple sauce, apple butter and homemade bread to one of my patients. She and her son are both down to eating soft foods and are only eating foods they really get a craving for...both are dying from cancer.

I'm a hospice nurse, so God has put me in an excellent position to get to show people a kindness nearly every day. I love my job for that reason. Nurses are often too busy to really get to slow down and be nurses like they always wanted to be...but my job allows that and for that I am grateful. People think my job is a sad one and oft times it is heartrending....but is also full of blessings that I cannot begin to describe.

I am never short on the things I do for others but after a long rash of people taking advantage of me (so called friends) I have decided to stop doing for those who make me believe are close to me and have gone a different route. I have a few buyers for eggs, but for the rest I do not sell I place them all in a big white tub and donate them on family day at the food bank, thus far I have brought in 18 dozen eggs, they package them in containers of 6 so more families get some. I bring the eggs in, and help the coordinator package them and stack them up next to the fruits / vegies that they freshly got from the grocery store. It makes me feel good knowing people will get to enjoy the fruit of my chickens labour...lol...

Beekissed- I had sold a truck and instead of cash, the buyer gave me the car, a beater truck and the cash in difference. I had the car for 3 years, so donating it was really no biggie
smile.png
. Your homemade bread and applesaues sounds really yummy right now. My aunt has terminal cancer and I go to her house once a month to take her to chemo and she loves my homemade eggs
wink.png

Ema- I love your egg idea. I actually drove by a church today and saw a line of people 3 blocks long holding cardboard boxes. They were going to the food panrty. You have given me a great idea! I am going to clean out my cubbards now and then yell at the hens for more eggs
smile.png

Our local food pantry accepts eggs also, so all my excess goes there. Some won't take them due to liability issues but we are all country here and no one thinks along those lines. They are just glad to get the eggs.

I also give them egg cartons for the eggs that other people donate but don't have cartons for. Folks are always giving me cartons.

We had this woodstove my Dh had been holding onto for 10 years because it was so pretty. Well an older women that works for me had asked around if anyone has one for sale or cheap for her to heat her trailor-all her $ goes to her animals ad she cant afford much at all-old framer girl at heart I can say-she has lived in her hoise with no heat for 3 weeks in this freezing weather we got the woodstove cleaned it up repainted and brought it to her-she is NOT EVER one for saying think you but she sure dud when we pulled up with this gorgeous woodstove-it had a adirondack woodsy them on it in metal-them while we were there Dh did some work on her fuel lines and got it workign again-it was just switch that had fallen off-last night was the firs time she had heat and said thank you again...

Back
Top Bottom