What GOOD DEED have you done lately???

TaLani

~ Gemini Chick ~
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
Bryson City, NC
Since the holidays are upon us now and some folks don't always have much money to do what they'd like (just making ends meet is all some people can manage these days!), I was just wondering if anyone has done a good deed for those less fortunate than yourself. I don't know about you, but I just love to read positive threads instead of all the downer ones.

Here's mine: we missed church on Sunday due to being sick (still not feeling too hot today either), so since we weren't able to give our normal offering and tithe, we decided to give money to a friend who couldn't afford to pay her babysitter last week and her parents didn't have the money either -- she has a preemie, so I know how expensive everything is for a new baby, not to mention the hospital bill for the preemie care! The church would've helped her out, but we figured we'd step in and let the church help out another person in the future.

Quote:
DH and I do things like that also, TaLani .. I believe God honors that.

I love hearing about good deeds also ..
smile.png

Quote:
I'm with you there!

I haven't really done any good deeds lately. I am always giving away eggs and chickens, but that isn't really a good deed because it is really helping myself to downsizing. I give things away, but (shamefully) it is to rid myself of items, though I do think that others get use from them. I gave away a garage full of "junk," to people who can (hopefully) make a profit from a garage sale.

What a great thread - my story is that a convenience store worker followed me out of the store one day asking if I had dropped the five dollar bill she was holding. I was pretty sure that I had. I pumped my gas, then realized that God has been so generous to me in so many little ways. I went back in and gave it back to her saying "consider this yours".

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

You know what is fun? Go through a fast food drive through and pay for the guy behind you .. hehe. Just randomly. Then drive away. I swear, it'll make you giggle all the way home!!

Or at the toll booth ..

I turned in a credit card to an employee at a grocery store the other day. The woman was still there and very happy that someone turned it in. I also always turn in phones, and wallets.

Last December, at Walmart, I parked next to a car that had the back door open. It looked like the people were in so much of a hurry to get inside, they grabbed their kid and forgot to shut the door.

Inside there were a bunch of presents and handmade kids bows and I didn't want anyone to miss these things, so I waved down security because I wasn't wanting to be inplemented incase the car had been broken in.

Wow Buff and Break an Egg, what a wonderful thing you did! I also donate our excess eggs to a organization here in the town that I work in that feeds needy families. The director lady told me that last yr they were feeding around 100 families in our town and this yr they're feeding close to 300 - shows ya what the economy has done to people. This organization saves egg cartons for me and give me left over bread that they don't use that Walmart gives to them - so it's a win win for all.

What goes around comes around. A couple of months ago, our new neighbor gave us a brand new microfiber sofa out of no where. I've had someone come up to me and give me a $10 bill because "Jesus told her to", It was perfect because I was broke and really needed the money.

Back
Top Bottom