what got my birds?

jimmythechicken

Songster
9 Years
Jun 8, 2010
mansfield
i got home from work around 6am an went out back to feed an water. i open the back door an see alot of feathers we have 4 rouen ducks about 3months old an around 4lbs an on blue orp chick around 12 weeks that stay in a dog house right at our back door they dont like to go in the coop.i saw one duck walking around the yard but 3 ducks an the orp are gone i see some orp feathers right out side the dog house but no duck feathers.no blood or bodys did not see any tracks i will set out my trap tonight.i am think fox
idunno.gif

i told debbie we will set up a trap tonight my father inlaw said he is thinking owl.i am thinking the ducks may have run off an are hiding in the woods we live on 42 achers an are hoping they may show back up.if they dont we will have to sell her lone duck pretty sure it's a girl but they do better with friends.if we trap something i will post a pic before i rehome it to the cemetary.

Last edited:
I am so sorry. I just went out to my coop to find a enormous snake with two big bulges in it. It had eaten 2 of my 3 week old chicks and in the process must have scared two more to death!!! I lost 4 chicks in 6 hours!!! Of course it ate the pullets i bought, not the unsexed ones that are roosters for sure! I hope you find your predator. I have declared war on all neighborhood cats and dogs. I am usually against killing animals, but after 3 years of losing alot of awesome bird to other animals, it is WAR!

Back
Top Bottom