What happend?!.... (well what do ya know!?)

I've never had the sexing issue, but I did buy 3 duckies at TSC from a box labeled "Rouens" that grew up to be Mallards. I also at the same time bought 3 RIR's that turned out to be those red sex-links.
I was a little disappointed at first because I wanted Rouens. But I have grown to love the mallards more. The chickens, I could care less. They were for eggs.

There is a big difference between Rouens and Mallards though. And as they grew I kept thinking, "Somethings not right here. They aren't getting as big as they should. They walk a little different.. " And then one day, they flew over my house.

That's when I found this forum... and the rest, as they say, is history.

I KNOW THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!
laying way better than my chickens!!
i got them from a local feed store
tongue.png

at one point i was only getting one or two every other day then i found this hidding under the coop with dirt and mudd covering them
that was around when souix dissappered silly girl she is..
89080_ducks_013.jpg

LMBO!!!!
i took them away and ever since ive been getting 4 a day
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
That's what my girls did! I felt so stupid looking for eggs everyday and then I go and find 20. My girls outsmarted me.

they are smart little creatures arent they
tongue.png

I would personally give it a while because I got 2 rouens and when they where the same age as yours I thought they were both boys. They both had the quiet raspy sounding and they both had the green sheen coming in on the heads. Well it turns out that one was a female she was just a late bloomer. Lol! Now she is my loudest girl and a great layer.
smile.png

Quote:
Hey, if you want rouens, let me know, I will ship you some eggs
wink.png

Right on! You want some mallards?

I would LOVE some mallards if they didnt fly, and if I had room
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom