What happened to Home and Barn Basics????

sad.png
Let us know how it turns out. Your poor little eggies!

DH got an email this afternoon. They have shipped it FedEx priority. We are scheduled to receive it Wednesday. They usually ship by UPS with a 7-10 day time. I guess they are trying to "fix" things. I'll be thrilled to get our little bantam eggs in there. Our oldest ones are from the 3rd and 5th of this month. That's too old right?

If you kept the eggs cool and humidified like in the basement in a plastic bag, they can keep for a month and still hatch. Two weeks is about the cut off for highest hatch rate, and it slowly declines from there.

Hello Everyone. I am Anthony, the Owner of Home and Barn Basics.

First, I must apologize and take personal responsibility for all the issues related to our recent customer service issues. As many of you know, I am also a soldier in the US Army. Recently, due to job requirements, I had to leave and was unavailable to assist Brooke with the running of the business and farm.

Simultaneoulsy, Brooke and I were having personal problems that led her to do some things that I am not proud of. Consequently, Brooke and I are no longer together and she has no further involvement with our business or farm.

While I know that these are personal issues, it has unfortunatly affected my professional life also. All I can do is apologize. I have been serving many of you for many, many years. I consider my customers to be my friends. I rely on each of you to want to buy from me to help support my family and farm. Its a responsibility that I do not take lightly.

I have hired a wonderful, intelligent young lady by the name of Amanda. She is the new general manager and will run the business aspect of the farm even while I am gone. I ask that you take a chance on her and on Home and Barn Basics again and give her and I a chance to prove that we really do care about our customers.

Amanda has been working hard to clear a HUGE backlog of orders and concerned customers, we are trying hard to repair the damage that has been done.

If you have been wronged, or failed to receive something that you ordered, please email us at [email protected] of call at 334-448-6261. Either I or Amanda will make sure we do whatever we can to assist you. We are determined to return to the great customers service many of you have learned to expect from us.

I know that this has been painful for some of you as you wathced eggs waiting on an incubator. It too has been enormously painful for me. And while I can't change the past, I can certainly make sure that those things dont happen again in the future.

Please let me know if you have any concerns or questions.

Thank you
Anthony Dean, Owner
Home and Barn Basics

Thanks for the personal note. I know many of us wanted to support your small business, and hopefully you can get things back on track.

Anyone who hatches eggs has to believe in the great possibilities of second chances.
smile.png

And of course - a big thank you for your service to our country.
woot.gif

Now about those Delawares...
big_smile.png

Quote:
I knew it! They were working things all the time! I'd read too many good things about HBB. Things just didn't ring true. With the lack of response to calls, email and such.

Truthfully, I did get pretty darn frustrated at HBB. I'll be checking you guys out for future needs. I feel your pain. It's too darn hard to balance career, business and family (not in that order, of course!)

I hope your business thrives from now on.

I've been in your shoes. Not with the business, but defense of our country. I just retired. Now I've got time for chickens!!!!
big_smile.png

Thanks for your service!

Quote:
This would deserve a second chance with no questions asked...

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for your service and I hope things start to look up.

Back
Top Bottom