what happened to my BLUE andalusian hen?

gig.gif
If hatcheries were actually good at keeping track of their breeding programs, they'd actually be able to sell 100% blue chicks. . .

It's not that hard to get a whole bunch of splash parents and black parents. . .

No she's not going to change color..the picture of her as a chick was a black chick..that is what they look like at that age.She's a blue Andalusian in the black color...Andalusian Black genes not a black Andalusian.Illia is correct in that you would think the hatcheries would have their pens set up to only produce blue since it's not rocket science or have both pens..I would be very upset if all I got were blue chicks in a blue order.If you want only blue chicks then you will need to find a breeder that has pens set up for only blue chicks not a hatchery.
I copied this straight from Meyer they make it clear you may not get blue chicks..
Blue Andulasian are gorgeous birds with long flowing tail and hackle feathers, large combs and wattles, and large white earlobes. Feathers are a slate gray edged with a narrow black line, roosters tend to be black along the tops of their backs. Like all blue fowl, they produce black and splashed offspring as well as the blue color type. Splash tend to be white with black or blue splashes. Black are glossy. They are white egg layers and are known as non-sitters. Average mature weight: Rooster 7 lbs., hens 5 1/2 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom