What happens during lockdown if you have a split hatch?

I have four (yes, FOUR) split hatches right now, and three incubators. Took lots of puzzling, but I finally figured out how to make it work. That is awesome that some of you can get your split hatches to work in the same 'bator. I would be too afraid to try that!

~CHerlyn

I stagger hatch in a single incubator all the time and... don't lose a lot of chicks or whole hatches. One or two maybe, if any. Again, bad luck or whatever...

I have a hatch due this week, then again next week and the following week. Obviously they need turning and I hand turn. I won't be stopping turning. I still get good hatches, even complete hatches.

I think where humidity is a real issue it might be a bigger problem but it isn't here. I just do my thing. The chicks hatching don't boot the humidity too high and I let them dry in there then fish em out. The others are in cartons so there's not too much bumper eggs that goes on.

If you get trashed hatches - you can't do it. If you get high percentage hatches you can. You get to see. Like most things about hatching...

What should I do with the eggs not hatching?

put them in egg carton?
put the hatching ones in carton?

turn them once a day or leave the turning til the others hatch?

Back
Top Bottom