What happens if i leave my eggs in the egg turner till day 21?

Sailor opy

Chirping
Mar 2, 2020
Just curious about this. What are the complications with keeping chicken eggs in the turner until they start to pip? We are iffy on the eggs, not sure if some are alive or dead. I think they are on day 19. Is it ok to keep them in there until they pip? Humidity is at incubating eggs level.

:welcome :frow Don't worry. I marked the wrong week on my calendar and the chicks hatched out in the turner. I thought they had another week according to what I wrote on the calendar. Oops. I immediately took them out and put them in the hatcher and misted the eggs to bring the humidity up quicker. I had some that had pipped and some that were zipping as well as several chicks that were running around in the incubator. They were fine. Good luck and have fun...

As long as the chicks don't get picked or stuck the turner it's probably fine, but it can disorient them after they pip. That's why we generally lockdown on the 18th day, so the chicks have time to position themselves for hatching. If they get disoriented it just causes the hatch to take longer because they have to keep repositioning. Just my experience, good luck on your hatch!

Back
Top Bottom