What happens when you let your kids name the chickens?

LMAO my 6 year old sister decided to name our new rooster Sweetie, because he is the only one who will let her hold him, therefore he shall be called sweet lmao here he is!
111579_sweetie.jpg

They name from what they know! I can't tell you how many dogs and cats were named Simba and Nala from the Lion King when it first came out.

I have done the same..... guess imm just a kid, too.

I've got Skeksies, Mystic and Fizzgig (the Dark Crystal) Henwyn ( the Black Cauldrin) Wookie and Tantan (star wars) Isis (bob dylan and mythology) Baby Huey, Tweedle Dee and Tweeedle Dum (gold wyandottes, couldn't tell them apart) .Aunt Lou (deadwood)

My 3 yo niece and 5 yo nephew named some of ours...

Bacon ( EE lays green eggs...as in green eggs and ham
gig.gif
)
Banana...buff orp. because she's yellow
Zip zoom
Mrs. Feathers

My kids love Thomas the Train, so when I let my kids name some chickens we end up with. Thomas, Percy.Gordon, James, and Toby.
roll.png
Not so sure that ladies liked
being named after a railraod. So we have renamed our chickens. But they get to keep Bertie because it is sort of a girls name.

My family and I name our chickies. Sometimes neighborhood children get the task. We never use a friend or family member's name (just in case something happens to the bird).Also last spring I had a "name that chicken" writing contest with my fifth graders at school. It was a persuasive piece, they had to convince me why it would be a good name...rules were: the name had to be female, someone from history, literature or mythology.

I have a few chickens and here are there names. Mostly silkies. roo is the rooster, then we have angel,snowball,coco,daisy,jenni,lucky,brownie which is a rir rooster. She just got some new babies and has already name most of them I know the polish name is po po .then there is pepper. Thats all I can think of that my 9yr old daughter has named of mine.

My kids have named all our chickens. As they developed personalities the names just seem to come.
We have Lucy (as in Lucy Lui ninja something or other
Star
Ruby She is a RIR so looks like a ruby
Honey is of course honey colored and sooo sweet
Sparkles,
Barb and Barbara 2 BR.
Also had Peaches and Mary.
Can't wait to see what they come up with for the new babies.

lol.png
Fantastic names.
big_smile.png

I had a pullet named Chicklet before. We also had Charlie for a rooster (he lives at another farm now), and Silly Lilly, a hen with eye and mental problems.

Back
Top Bottom