What hatchery is the best?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by chickiebean85, Jun 10, 2017.

1. chickiebean85

chickiebean85 Songster

Dec 22, 2015
    Maine
    Planning on ordering from a hatchery and from everybody's opinion which one is the best. Survival rate, most accurate sexing, healthiest birds ect.

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Got my Puppy

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    You are going to get all kinds of answers based on all kinds of things. I recommend going with the hatchery that is closest to you, and has what you are looking for. Most big hatcheries have been in business a long time because people are mostly satisfied. That being said I personally like and use My Pet Chicken exclusively. So check them all out. Many are sold out this time of year, but some will still have the more common breeds available.

chickiebean85 likes this.
  3. Mnop

Mnop In the Brooder

I've ordered from My Pet Chicken 4-5 times. We live in Southern California and usually order 10 or more chicks. We have never had an error in sexing. So far MPC has a 100% accurate sexing record with us. We did have a chick that died a few days after it arrived. We called customer service and they asked that we send them a picture of the chick and they credited our account for our next order.

4. Chevalia's feathered farm

Chevalia's feathered farm Chirping

Jun 9, 2017
    Utah
    I love Purely Poultry, they ship really well, really good on sexing their poultry, and my ducks came safe and sound every time.

5. chickiebean85

chickiebean85 Songster

Dec 22, 2015
    Maine
    We have a place called Al's Quackery but I want a well known one with a good reputation. I don't know much about Al's Quackery.

6. Chevalia's feathered farm

Chevalia's feathered farm Chirping

Jun 9, 2017
    Utah

I haven't order from Al's Quackery before. Purely poultry in my opinion is a good one. I really like their staff and they were very nice and easy to work with me. :)

7. chickiebean85

chickiebean85 Songster

Dec 22, 2015
    Maine
    Thank you Chevalia's feathered farm ☺

8. keesmom

keesmom Crowing

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Well, Al's does ducks and geese. Are you ordering waterfowl or chicks?

9. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    I'd recommend Ideal Hatchery....but that's only because I use them because they are close to me. The less shipping time the better.

NorthTexasWink and chickiebean85 like this.
  10. chickiebean85

chickiebean85 Songster

Dec 22, 2015
    Maine
    Keesmom yes ducks but looking for Buffs and he doesn't have that breed. He only has a few duck breeds to pick from. I really like Buffs and Ancona's but not sure which is better I love the looks of both, lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: