What have you been reading?

Pics
I have got to step up my game -- I almost feel illiterate! The only book I've read in the last two weeks has been one of my Book Outlet buys: 30 Days to a Well Mannered Dog. George, my newest rescue, an anxious 4-year-old blind pit mix, is responding to some of the training.

@Artichoke Lover, I'll be interested to see what you think of Farewell to Manzanar. I want to get it, but I'm forcing myself to finish reading my last BO box of books first.

And, with spring weather just beginning, I KNOW I need to dedicate more time to preparing and repairing outdoor projects. Plus, with the major league baseball lockout over, I will be spending too much time watching my favorite sport on TV. Please, guilt me into reading more books again!

A Friend Like Henry by Nuala Gardener is worth recommending because it is similar to Temple Grandin in how much it helps to understand people with differences.

Home Work by Julie Andrews was so so.

By Schism Rent Asunder by David Weber

Odyssey (may not be exact title) by Clive Cussler - reminded me why I avoid his Dirk Pitt books, this one more so than usual.

One Second After by William Forstchen - I read it years ago; I still think it worth reading but not worth rereading. But the library has an audiobook option of one of the sequels and I want an audio to listen to while gardening. I wish the audio options at the library were easier to search or, better, had request options.

A Friend Like Henry by Nuala Gardener is worth recommending because it is similar to Temple Grandin in how much it helps to understand people with differences.

Home Work by Julie Andrews was so so.

By Schism Rent Asunder by David Weber

Odyssey (may not be exact title) by Clive Cussler - reminded me why I avoid his Dirk Pitt books, this one more so than usual.

One Second After by William Forstchen - I read it years ago; I still think it worth reading but not worth rereading. But the library has an audiobook option of one of the sequels and I want an audio to listen to while gardening. I wish the audio options at the library were easier to search or, better, had request options.
Do you know if your library has an app or online system? I think most of not all do these days.The most common one is called Overdrive or Libby There’s usually a much larger selection of audiobooks on there. My library is pretty small but our overdrive has over 4,000 audio books in its account.

Do you know if your library has an app or online system?
Libby. There are tens of thousands of titles. I have trouble with the search options resulting in books I want. There are not many filters to work with. When I try a different combination of filters or return to the search after a while, I have to start over with the same list of books. It rarely has the authors I type in (admittedly, they are often not the latest), or they have one book in a series.

Libby. There are tens of thousands of titles. I have trouble with the search options resulting in books I want. There are not many filters to work with. When I try a different combination of filters or return to the search after a while, I have to start over with the same list of books. It rarely has the authors I type in (admittedly, they are often not the latest), or they have one book in a series.
Libby’s search engine could definitely use some improvement. It looks for very specific key words which make hard to operate.

Back
Top Bottom