What have you learned today from BYC?

happyhens44

BroodyAddict
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Northern WI
I have reconized just about everyday I learn something new on BYC and it's making me better and better. I thought it would be cool if we posted something we learned today about animals, chickens, raising them... anything you have learned from Byc, or other members. And when you read that others post, maybe you will learn something new

well mine might be pretty simple for some but Ive only have chickes since spring, so Ive learned today that:

You shouldent baby roosters. I babied mine and now hes mean... I should only give hens attention, and just but feed and water my roo and check him every once and a while make sure hes healthy. Other wise let him do his job
smile.png

what have you learned today?

I went back to check on how you could tell a fresh egg from a not so fresh egg. (If it floats its out!!)

I learn something new here all of the time, and alot of it has nothing to do with chickens!
lol.png

That people that spend only $500 to get started in chickens want to emphasize that it doesn't cost alot to "get started". The funny thing is that that's more that some people can afford and wonder why all the downplay? I have learned that eggs cost more than the grocery store, time is money, and there is plenty of heartbreak when you get emotionally attached to "the girls."

I
love.gif
my girls, I
love.gif
to spend money making them happy, and I
love.gif
this site!!

Back
Top Bottom