What herb do your chickens like?

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
I'm growing oregano, peppermint, thyme, and lavender. I've done some researched and those were the ones that kept coming up. The lavender is for there coop and there not going to eat it I hope. Does anybody know what herbs you feed your chickens that they like?

Well most of my chickens liked the sweeter herbs, they were never into the more bitter ones- Like parsley and cilantro- A strange thing is though my 10 week old chicks loved oregano but my mature hens think it is not tasty alone though they will eat it mixed into things. But back to the point I think your best off with chamomile, thyme, rosemary, and sage.🙂

Well most of my chickens liked the sweeter herbs, they were never into the more bitter ones- Like parsley and cilantro- A strange thing is though my 10 week old chicks loved oregano but my mature hens think it is not tasty alone though they will eat it mixed into things. But back to the point I think your best off with chamomile, thyme, rosemary, and sage.🙂
Thank you

Also I'm not forcing then to eat it, I'm growing them in the garden and wanted to see what is good for them so that if they do eat it they will be fine.

Also I'm not forcing then to eat it, I'm growing them in the garden and wanted to see what is good for them so that if they do eat it they will be fine.
You know they will most likely tear up your garden beds...not just nibble on a few plants?

Back
Top Bottom