Where do you get herbs for chickens?

excuse me may i hijack your thread for a moment please?
how about the dried variety of a mixture of good herbs for poultry? ebay?
So, I'm not cheap and I would also never ever advise people to "make your own," chicken food. But, when I see $30 on Chewy or Amazon or ebay for a 1 pound bag of "chicken herbs," I think you should make your own. Grow and dry them. It's SO easy. Herbs are incredibly easy to grow.

I'm in Louisiana
Oh I'm jealous of your growing season, which is all year round! You just have heat to content with which I don't.... But seriously whether in the ground or in pots, you have grow all of the herbs you've listed. If you're new to gardening, I'd get starters, they're usually $1 to $4 each. Most herbs like well drained soil and don't like to "get their legs wet," especially Rosemary and Lavender. You can find starts right now at alot of the big box stores and all nurseries since it's spring. Try Walmart.

Try looking on Facebook Marketplace and maybe your local farmer's market. This weekend we went to the farmer's Market and saw so many wonderful herbs and chicken-friendly perennial plants for sale. The wonderful thing about herbs is that they grow better when you harvest them! I told my husband I wanted chickens to help with my garden.....but now it seems I am gardening FOR my chickens. haha!

Back
Top Bottom