What I do and see at "work" Pic heavy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Songster

May 8, 2008
    Well next week is my last "regular" week. After that I am picking up hours when my daughter is at grandmas. [​IMG]
    It really isnt "work" though. Just an extension of home.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My daughter on a pony ride

[​IMG]
    Wookie, before his mishap with the shears. We wont post pics of him now.

[​IMG]

Bumble our Scottish Highland baby

[​IMG]

feeding the calves

[​IMG]

one of our goats and her kid

[​IMG]

Our indigo wasnt in the "mood"

[​IMG]

But our white guy was [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the geese

[​IMG]

The angora goats. Yes the kid is outside the pen

[​IMG]
    Our Red Bourbon Tom. The hen just hatched 7 chicks!

[​IMG]
    Half the Jacob Sheep herd

[​IMG]
    The Emu's Ernie and Emma

[​IMG]
    Some of the Emu babies.

we also have a bunch of play houses for the kids, a splash park, dino dig, a few playgrounds and pedal go carts. I love the people I work with and even after I go to full time come fall am going to try and work a few hours on the weekend at the "farm"

2. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    What a wonderful job. I'd like to have your job !!!
    [​IMG]

3. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Songster

Feb 1, 2009
    Lexington, KY
    That's great!! Where do I sign up??? [​IMG]

4. That is the life I dream of having! Sigh.....someday!

5. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Cool..But no chickens?

6. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I want your job!!

7. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Songster

May 8, 2008
    forgot to add. We also have a chick house and a LARGE chicken coop. The chickens that want to get to free range all day. And we have a reptile barn, complete with snakes, lizards and turtles(I dont go in there unless running a tour) We also have a bunny barn, a kitten barn and a little barn with live mice, a rat and some ring neck doves. Many llamas. A Dartmoor pony, a podonk, a Belgian, an Exmoor in one large field.
    A Poitou Ass, Ibex goats, belted galloway cattle, kerry cattle Devon cattle and a brahman. a herd of European Fallow deer.
    A water buffalo. Ossabow Island hogs, pot belly pigs, sebastapole geese, gloucester old spot pigs, nubian goats, san clemente goats, two mini horses.

I know I am forgetting someone LOL
    I spend most of my time with the chickens. But also in the baby goat pen and with the calves. We currently have a Jersey calf that I LOVE. His name is George. I am going to try and bring my camera this week. I need some pics before I leave for the summer. Although I get in free all season. So it isnt like I wont have plenty more ops for pics

8. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Crowing

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Your very fortunate. Wish I'd knew then what I know now.

9. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Songster

May 8, 2008
    [​IMG]

the baby geese. Ya.. they'll be running around terrorizing the kids soon!

[​IMG]

Not a great picture. But I want this guy! He is just so cool looking and friendly. I was there when it hatched.

Yup. I am lucky. I am leaving for the summer next Friday. But can pick up hours during the summer. And can go back come fall.. if I dont find anything full time. I get the holidays off and the random closed school days as well.
    Oh and the husbands company was just merged and he will be working from home starting in Sept. So I dont have to worry about/pay for, after school care for our daughter. Which means I can either pick up more hours at the farm or go back to my career full time. And I have been getting job offers already! If I wanted to start this summer I could. But I promised the kiddo I would be with her this summer. Plus I am taking care of one of her friends here and there this summer as well. I figure hey. I got the free pass for the farm and splash park. I am going to be there nearly all summer. Might even close our pool.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  10. Suellyn

Suellyn Songster

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    That looks like SO much fun.... I have been a Zookeeper at a major Zoo (mammal dept) for 18+ yrs, altho have recently (in March) decided to take a couple years off to stay home with my 2 little girls. Was a really good decision for me, but I miss the critters TERRIBLY on a daily basis!!!!!

What is that place? An educational farm? Small Zoo? Cool...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: