What I do and see at "work" Pic heavy

Rhett&SarahsMom

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
Well next week is my last "regular" week. After that I am picking up hours when my daughter is at grandmas.
smile.png

It really isnt "work" though. Just an extension of home.
tongue.png

DSCN1192.jpg

My daughter on a pony ride

DSCN1177.jpg

Wookie, before his mishap with the shears. We wont post pics of him now.

DSCN1184.jpg

Bumble our Scottish Highland baby

DSCN1150.jpg

feeding the calves

DSCN1153.jpg

one of our goats and her kid

DSCN1157.jpg

Our indigo wasnt in the "mood"

DSCN1159.jpg

But our white guy was
wink.png

DSCN1160.jpg

One of the geese

DSCN1164.jpg

The angora goats. Yes the kid is outside the pen

DSCN1173.jpg

Our Red Bourbon Tom. The hen just hatched 7 chicks!

DSCN1175.jpg

Half the Jacob Sheep herd

DSCN1179.jpg

The Emu's Ernie and Emma

DSCN1178.jpg

Some of the Emu babies.

we also have a bunch of play houses for the kids, a splash park, dino dig, a few playgrounds and pedal go carts. I love the people I work with and even after I go to full time come fall am going to try and work a few hours on the weekend at the "farm"

forgot to add. We also have a chick house and a LARGE chicken coop. The chickens that want to get to free range all day. And we have a reptile barn, complete with snakes, lizards and turtles(I dont go in there unless running a tour) We also have a bunny barn, a kitten barn and a little barn with live mice, a rat and some ring neck doves. Many llamas. A Dartmoor pony, a podonk, a Belgian, an Exmoor in one large field.
A Poitou Ass, Ibex goats, belted galloway cattle, kerry cattle Devon cattle and a brahman. a herd of European Fallow deer.
A water buffalo. Ossabow Island hogs, pot belly pigs, sebastapole geese, gloucester old spot pigs, nubian goats, san clemente goats, two mini horses.

I know I am forgetting someone LOL
I spend most of my time with the chickens. But also in the baby goat pen and with the calves. We currently have a Jersey calf that I LOVE. His name is George. I am going to try and bring my camera this week. I need some pics before I leave for the summer. Although I get in free all season. So it isnt like I wont have plenty more ops for pics

DSCN1171.jpg

the baby geese. Ya.. they'll be running around terrorizing the kids soon!

DSCN1170.jpg

Not a great picture. But I want this guy! He is just so cool looking and friendly. I was there when it hatched.

Yup. I am lucky. I am leaving for the summer next Friday. But can pick up hours during the summer. And can go back come fall.. if I dont find anything full time. I get the holidays off and the random closed school days as well.
Oh and the husbands company was just merged and he will be working from home starting in Sept. So I dont have to worry about/pay for, after school care for our daughter. Which means I can either pick up more hours at the farm or go back to my career full time. And I have been getting job offers already! If I wanted to start this summer I could. But I promised the kiddo I would be with her this summer. Plus I am taking care of one of her friends here and there this summer as well. I figure hey. I got the free pass for the farm and splash park. I am going to be there nearly all summer. Might even close our pool.

Last edited:
That looks like SO much fun.... I have been a Zookeeper at a major Zoo (mammal dept) for 18+ yrs, altho have recently (in March) decided to take a couple years off to stay home with my 2 little girls. Was a really good decision for me, but I miss the critters TERRIBLY on a daily basis!!!!!

What is that place? An educational farm? Small Zoo? Cool...

Back
Top Bottom