What I get for ordering multiple black chicks

Now I gotta know---what profession? I'm a nurse and we can get a lot, but those military folks take it to a whole new level
roll.png

Unless, of course, you'd have to kill me after you tell me....then I don't really need to know. Honestly!

Pink/white skin should be a Marans, Rocks should have yellow. I think Dominiques also have yellow. A dark wash of color down the front of the leg is usually considered a sign of a female chick, males won't have that. It's one of those not-a-hundred-percent things, but often enough to be a guideline.
Thank you, Donrae. The chicks which I mistakenly thought were Black Copper Marans (now I know better than to listen to the expert at the feed store) were identified as Barred Rocks, and Cuckoo Marans was another opinion, hence my confusion. I think I did put the leg color question in my post when I first asked about them, but I could be mistaken, I can't remember. Whatever they are, I enjoy them anyway. After all, I didn't pitch one of my kids out the door when he ended up with lighter hair than the other two! LOL Thanks again.

And LostTexan, cute, cute babies!!!!

Oh, nothing classified or anything like that. I'm a prosecutor with the DA's office. The legal profession uses acronyms for everything.

Back
Top Bottom