What I learned about the Small Order Program (Meyers, MPC, etc.)

Shipping is an issue for them for some reason. Like I said on your other post; I would have been shocked if you received them over night.

I have chicks coming from them on the 16th and even though I could drive there in 5 hrs I don't expect to see the chicks before the 19th. I have never received chicks the next day from them.

Mail order chicks is rough no matter who you buy from. Cutomer service at most hatcheries is great until their is a problem. Lots of people on here will toute one hatchery over another and say that the customer service is great and they have never had a problem.....That is only because they haven't had a problem...yet;)

Feed store chicks come through the mail too....the difference is that the feed store takes care of the losses before you get there.

Quote:
That is so true!!!

I got my last 3 Marans from a local breeder - only 30 minutes drive for the birds and less stress for me too ... LOL

I ordered from Meyer's for the first time, only 8 pullets with a heating pack. The breeds I want aren't going to be available until April 20th so I have no worries about my girls. By that time, it should be around 60 Degrees F and with the heat pack, I'm sure I won't be disappointed. We'll see.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom