What I learned last night

Quote:
Cmon Do It. DW would laugh!
roll.png

Yep- she'd laugh at me staring mournfully through the blinds at the warm cozy home she bodily threw me out of after recovering from the shock of being startled out of bed by an ear-splitting crow 5 ft away from her in the middle of the night.

lau.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
well now, just this morning we over-slept, son missed the bus, so on our way to the school, my 10 yr old sez...."mom, why don't we put a rooster in the house....he can be the alarm clock"

lau.gif
lau.gif

he was serious when he said this
big_smile.png

lol.png
I can believe it! I can also tell you my little silkie roo George is pretty loud too. I was in the coop spreading fresh pine shavings when he decided to say hello. My ears are still ringing.

Quote:
The banty and silkie roos are higher pitched and LOUD. The big roos
like the orps have a lower, sorta growly crow.

presently my roo is living in my garage with my hens in a coop my so and I built. I am working on a better coop for outside and since I am not allowed to have roosters I moved them in once he came of age. All the others went in the freezer or were given away but I liked this particular roo and wanted to keep it for a while. I thought that the garage would muffle the sound. I can still here him a block away with the door closed. Only it is muffled so I don't think my neighbors have been able to figure where the sound is coming from. Also with it being winter I am hoping they don't hear him with their windows closed.

The sound in the house on the other hand is unbelievably loud lol, amazing isnt it? I think its funny and it does not seem to bother my ds but I know it is not a permanent thing my so is not as amused there is talk of sound-proffing the temperary coop lol. He even crows at night
smile.png

Quote:
It's even worse when they are in the spare bathroom for an entire week while you are building their pen
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom