What I Saw At the Feed Store

Catalina

Songster
12 Years
Jul 19, 2007
Minnesota
I went to the local feed store yesterday to buy some chicken stuff. When I walked into the store I could hear chicks.
Yay! They finally got their chicks in, but......I couldn't find any chicks in the entire store.
sad.png

But I could hear them cheeping!!!

Finally, when I was checking out I found the chicks. There was a small cardboard hatchery box (still sealed) sitting on a table by the front door.
I guess someone ordered them, but couldn't the feed store employees put them somewhere warm?!?
It was 7 degrees outside and people were opening and closing the door all the time.

Poor chickies.
sad.png

That is very sad. We rescued a half-dead chick from a situation like that, by an open freezing door, she had mega pasty butt and was really small. She made a full recovery, thank goodness!

Poor little chickies.
sad.png

When you special order from Tractor Supply, how does it work? I called my store to see when they were getting chicks in this spring and the guy said he thought maybe they were coming the second week of March, maybe from Mt. Healthy, and I could special order some, but when I asked when he needed my order by he said maybe in March.

Right.

So I'm kind of nervous to order with them...

I would have either raised a stink about it or just stole them LOL

Seriously though, I would have informed somebody that I wouldn't be bringing my business there anylonger unless they showed a lttle more compassion towards the living creatures in their stead... that's their business, if they don't care anymore for little sweet babies, to make sure they're as comfortable as possible, then how can you feel they care about your animals at all? How can you take advice from them or feel they carr feed that is best for your animals?

Back
Top Bottom