What illness does my hen have? Stool picture included

Update: she’s eating layer feed mixed with probiotic water, and she is drinking water mixed with Corid. I have my fingers crossed that this will get her over the top 🤞

Great news :) will keep fingers crossed.

Don't forget to check your probiotic mix doesn't include any thiamine (vitamin B1), as this will stop the Corid from working! Thiamine is also added to bread flour, at least here in the UK.

Great news :) will keep fingers crossed.

Don't forget to check your probiotic mix doesn't include any thiamine (vitamin B1), as this will stop the Corid from working! Thiamine is also added to bread flour, at least here in the UK.
Good to know. Thank you!

Mine has pretty much made a full recovery. Three days with Corid administered orally plus Corid mixed into the water. No eggs yet since the start of her illness.
6BDAB864-2791-43F2-8C16-0EB633704EB0.jpeg

Keep it up for the 7 days (assuming that's what it says on the bottle), and keep a close eye on her for a few weeks after. My two that had it relapsed two weeks later and one of them died Wednesday :( too weak to cope with a second round. The other is doing better though!

Keep it up for the 7 days (assuming that's what it says on the bottle), and keep a close eye on her for a few weeks after. My two that had it relapsed two weeks later and one of them died Wednesday :( too weak to cope with a second round. The other is doing better though!
Sorry to hear about your loss ☹️ I have their waterers changed out every few days with a fresh batch.

Back
Top Bottom